Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All~
I am in the Alaska interior. I am in the middle of purchasing a new 2020 XMR 1000r with 2up seat, heated grips, 32 gallon rear box, relocated rad, medium windshield & faring w/cup holders, truck ramps, and a 2 axle meat wagon. Most of my time will be spent in the mountains building a cabin about 30 miles away from the nearest road. It is either I get this workhorse or buy an airplane that can land on water and carry supplies. I cannot use a side by side as it will not fit between trees unless I cut down about 30 miles of trees to make a wide enough path. Besides, I need every bit of the 91 horse power. Going to be interesting!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,547 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site!

Reactions: Freewill

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will keep updated here. I pick it up tomorrow! Will not have all my accessories until Thursday though. Excited! Changing out the rear cargo box to the 32 gallon size. Also working on a full front windshield ferring with cup holders like the 2012+ models have. Will post pics tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got it! Still waiting for heated grips, 32 gallon rear cargo box, and windshield faring assembly with cup holders to show up! Next week on those! It is so cold here that I could only put 3 miles on it. I did get the loading ramps and the 2up seat!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,547 Posts
NICE lookin bike there!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice ride. Like the new color. You will love it. Would like to see a picture of the windshield on. I was told the xmr won't take one.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Very nice ride. Like the new color. You will love it. Would like to see a picture of the windshield on. I was told the xmr won't take one.

The dealer says it will fit. I will find out in a week or so when it arrives. Will post pics when I get all my add-ons and get them installed. Still waiting for 32 gallon trunk box, heated grips, and the windshield faring assembly. Put 25 miles on it today in 5 degree weather. Breaking it in with eco mode staying under 5000 rpm riding on mountain roads.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh! Just remembered an improvement on the 2020 model that I have that nobody has mentioned! The bumper ends are steel! Upgraded from the plastic that always breaks! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ya the steel bumper ends are nice i did loose one front and one rear on mine in the alder bushes, was trying to be careful of them too, as i knew it was an issue.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All my extras showed up! Got 'em installed! Heated grips actually have a clamp that tightens down on the handlebar. They work great. The thumb warmer was simple. Cut off old rubber cover, peal sticky protector off heating pad, stick it to the thumb lever, then slide new rubber over the lever and sticky heat pad. Took pics before grips were installed.
Too bad the temp is -35 or I would be out riding!

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,547 Posts
That's a sharp looking bike, for sure

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Fits perfectly!!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone know where I can get 2 inch forward U&L control arms for my machine? And trailing arms to move my back wheels back 2 inches? Would like to put 32s or 34s on my ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks awesome! Have the part number for that windshield? By chance. I like it. The hand warmers are awesome use mine a lot. You will love the bike. They are a beast.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts