Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a set of tires and wheels used real good price offset was a little more than what I wanted on the rear tires they stick out about 4 1/2 maybe 5 inches just wondering if anybody else is running offsets like them if anyone has any pictures that be cool I don't have mine mounted cause I need to get different Lugnuts thanks

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Thats pretty typical for aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What kind of wheels are they and do you know what the offset is for them?

I'm trying to widen my overall stance 3" to 5" but not go past the fenders (with extension flaps).

I've ordered a set of 1.5" wheel spacers. I'll see how that looks with the stock tires and wheels. Then decide if I want to mount some new Mega Mayhem tires (27x9x12 & 27x11x12) on the stock wheels or find a suitable aftermarket wheel that will give me the same result.

·
Registered
312 Posts
my wheels ate 5+2 offset, they sit pretty flush with the mud guards

·
Registered
24 Posts
That gives me a good idea of how far out the 5+2 offset fits on the Outlander. I was guessing the 4+3 or +10mm offset might be what I'd need to go with to obtain the results I'd like. There sure seems to be a larger selection of wheels for the Can Am bolt pattern (4/137) in that 5+2 offset. Especially in the 12" wheel. That made me believe that the 5+2 offset kept you closer to the stock offset; thus keeping the overall width closer to a stock setup.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That gives me a good idea of how far out the 5+2 offset fits on the Outlander. I was guessing the 4+3 or +10mm offset might be what I'd need to go with to obtain the results I'd like. There sure seems to be a larger selection of wheels for the Can Am bolt pattern (4/137) in that 5+2 offset. Especially in the 12" wheel. That made me believe that the 5+2 offset kept you closer to the stock offset; thus keeping the overall width closer to a stock setup.
These wheels actually measure out to 4+3 when I measured them, it seems that most companies 5+2 are actually 4+3. Not too sure why.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Canamxtp, do you have an ITP wheel? I've read where others have mentioned that same thing on this forum. Just trying to decipher all the different options out there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
mine are STI HD2's

·
Registered
570 Posts
My STI HD3's are 5 by 2 offset on 28" Mayhems.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wheels

What it looks like if this loads
Hunter29, it looks like a solid set of wheels. If that shadow line gives any indication of how far they set out, it looks like an easy 4". Is your rear tire on an 8" wide wheel? It looks like it has a deeper dish than the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts