Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wait they have it at the dollar store too????
Dammit!
Ive been wasting $1.50 lol

Sweet, thanks ill check it out its literally right around the corner from dg.
The dg stuff lasts forever too, I forgot to mention that.
Looks good on your truck.

The sc1 may go on the truck tires if its better than the dg stuff..i was thinking quad tires, probably not.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I saw that, but quite honestly at the price for the sc1, probably not much of it is going on the tires except for the overspray.

Believe it or not, this is my newest goto for tires.
It isnt oily, doesnt stick to my rims, dirt and mud doesnt stick to it and it gives a nice black shine.

I try a lot of different products.

View attachment 98903
View attachment 98904 View attachment 98907 View attachment 98908
Really gotta give it to you jungleman, that is a really nice looking rig for it being 13 years old. You've really done a great job picking the parts for your needs while keeping a great looking machine, which can sometimes be hard to do which can be expensive if you don't look at all your options.

Love looking at machines that people have added their own personal touch to, gives me inspiration and ideas of what I could do to my machine (even though it takes me a while to get around to doing what I plan on doing, hence why my machine looks worse than the day I bought it :ROFLMAO: ).

As for your guys shine sprays, I just stick to the pressure washer, another reason it looks worse than when I bought it lol.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you.

I really lucked out.
2 owners and barely used.
And the po totally undersold it for the going rate in my area.

I wouldnt put the effort into it if I didnt think it was worth it.
It is.
Clutch kit is still on the list although from what Ive found out so far it aready has a dalton type spring kit in it.
I'll know more once I tear into the clutches one day.
So far it hasnt given me a reason to except to get even more out of it, like it needs it :sneaky:

Nothing wrong with bone stock but thats just not me.
And it doesnt have to be all fixed up and shiny to still be awesome.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wish I had the budget to have a new 450 as a backup and build a monster 1000 with top shelf performance and suspension mods just to have to play with during the off season...

Sigh

But thats not me either.
Im just a guy that doesnt mind cheap light bars and top ramen if thats what it takes to have good skids and other mods like wheels and tires and get it set up for where I go ;)

I am jonesin for another build.
Its taken a year and a half but Im just about finished with this one.
Happy happy happy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wish I had the budget to have a new 450 as a backup and build a monster 1000 with top shelf performance and suspension mods just to have to play with during the off season...

Sigh

But thats not me either.
Im just a guy that doesnt mind cheap light bars and top ramen if thats what it takes to have good skids and other mods like wheels and tires and get it set up for where I go ;)

I am jonesin for another build.
Its taken a year and a half but Im just about finished with this one.
Happy happy happy
Who doesn't want a 1000cc moster with all the mods you can get? I will admit I'm on kijiji everyday just snooping around at the 650s and 800s and if I see a good deal ill pick it up, but im happy with my 400 for now. Just wish I had a tad more power and fuel injection! Dont want to spend nearly as much as the defender was as i just want a machine I can slowly work on and ride it but not worry too much about breaking it. My defender is mainly a working machine and sits on job sites to move material and people around. Its got a crazy amount of power for a 1L motor! Can't imagine that power in a much lighter and smaller frame.

Haha, the build is never complete! It'll always be "almost complete", youll find more and more to put on it and you'll sell it with the same thought that it was almost complete.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok so some of it got on the tires after all...
And everywhere else!

Sc1 is amazing stuff.
Liked it so much I ran down to the dealer and grabbed another can to do the whole entire quad.
Btw $10.50 at my dealer is cheaper than I paid online, doh!
Parts guy says I was lucky, they just got a shipment.
Says it disappears as fast as they can get it.
I can see why.

Noticed they only had 5 outlanders left on the lot.

Screenshot_20200722-011922_Gallery.jpg

Works really well on the footboards and inner fender wells

Found some other gear it works great on also and had to get a new bubba cup now since it looks so good and my cup is thrashed.
Worked great on that too!
Made the light bar and headlight lenses crystal clear..etc etc etc

Theres really no end of things I would like to keep dirt and mud from staining, Id still be wiping stuff down if I hadnt run out.
Lol

2 cans is just enough to do the whole quad real good.
Used the microfiber on the other gear and rubberized knife handles after wiping the body plastic.
Definately going on the maintenance routine from now on.

Thank you so much for the heads up!
Dont know how this has stayed off my radar all this time.
Grabbing another 4 pack...the truck tires, fenderwell areas and running gear could use some too (y)
Bet it would even work on the interior.
And the wax/harley stuff looks awesome for chrome & billet.

Amazing product, Im sold.
Better than that wipe new I tried.

Found a new use for that chainsaw mount too.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,542 Posts
lmao

Tony, you got issues, man 😝 :ROFLMAO:

But seriously- WTF are you drinking out of that cup?

Ole bike's looking killer, nice job

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
You telling me you wash your favorite coffee cup and ruin the patina?

Blasphemy!

Youre probably that guy that scrubs clean the racks on his smoker too arent ya.
:p

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hard to say luv you b'bye to this old friend, especially since it too is aged to perfection and self ghillied up....
Maybe I'll camo it and keep it in the back cup holder on the throttle side, never use that one.
Its paid its dues and earned a place on the beast.

Oh the stories this cup could tell....
"Hey remember the time before you put the paracord tether on me and I fell out on the insane crazy steep sidehill you did, only to find out the road was blocked around the next corner, and I rolled off the hill and layed there FOR HOURS! because you didnt notice until you were like, 20 miles away and almost back to the main road?"

haha
Good times
😉

Having some shiny showing didnt help much on that retrieval mission.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,542 Posts
You telling me you wash your favorite coffee cup and ruin the patina?

Blasphemy!

Youre probably that guy that scrubs clean the racks on his smoker too arent ya.
:p
Them's fighting woids.....

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Now look what ya made me do.

Washing the quad off, figured what the heck.

I hope youre happy now.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts