Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 outlander 650XT and I need to change the filters. Are you able to buy replacement filters from CT or an auto parts store or do you have to buy them from the dealership?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
E bay . Oil filter is HF 152 . Make sure it has the rubber o ring attached. Lasst time i got a 3 pac for like $22. Air filters are also available on there. Washable is what I bought. Uni or Twinair is the best, stay away from KnN.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I was talking about the K&N air filters. unless you put and over filter on them they let too much dirt thru.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Even with an outter-wear I'd still stay away from K&N air filters. Outter-wears only trap the big stuff. K&N oil filters are fine. But I'll probaly go with the 3 pack on Amazon, they look of OEM quality. After my stock air filter is dirty, I'll probably switch to foam. Does anyone know the part number for a uni or twin air conversion?

·
Registered
652 Posts
E bay . Oil filter is HF 152 . Make sure it has the rubber o ring attached. Lasst time i got a 3 pac for like $22. Air filters are also available on there. Washable is what I bought. Uni or Twinair is the best, stay away from KnN.
The HF152s on eBay/Amazon.... How do you know if it comes with a new O-ring? It doesn't specify anywhere that I can see. Is it just understood?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Pics on the site. Those KnN are a good deal too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
are k&n air filters really that bad? I have one I just got it so dirty that im going to throw it out. I was getting ready to buy a new one and noticed everyone was saying to stay away.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Only if you run them without a pre-filter. With a pre-filter they're a good filter, but I still wouldn't run one like that unless you're on asphalt, hard packed dirt or rocky terrain. I used to run them in everything but have since switched to Uni just because oiled 2 layer filters will catch and capture much more than an oiled paper filter with a pre-filter. I'd only recommend K&N for TT or street racing/driven vehicles.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Your local napa auto parts should be able to get everything you need.. We get everything from lawn mower filters to backhoe filters from our local napa.
As far as k&n air filter... I wouldnt run one on my grass trimmer... They dont lie when they say they flow more air for more hp. They dont say they sacrifice filtering capabilities to get more airflow tho.. Run stock or foam air filter. Paper is about the best but one time use deal. I went with a uni foam filter because in 50 miles(1 ride) my stock paper filter was filled with dirt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts