Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That is the only oil filter that we use. The two of us go together and get them from PowerSportsSuperStore.com . I will send an order to them next week. $4.25 each. We get 12 at a time. Shipping is 8.99 per order. Total order is 59.99 or $5.00 each. The company that makes this filter also makes the KN 152.

HiFlo Oil Filter HF152

·
Registered
298 Posts
K&N's is pricier is all, hf 152 by hi flo is same thing. I bought locally for 8 bucks each or on amazon.com for like 8.50 each sure beats 12 bucks at a can am stealership. The darn thing is so small it should be like 4 bucks tops not much to it.

My older atv's take a spin on canister oil filter and those are dirt cheap like 6-7 bucks have bought them at carquest auto parts which is equivalent to WIX brand just slap a different carquest logo on them is all. I wonder if carquest carries the paper filter for the can am's? gonna check that out soon.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
K&N's is pricier is all, hf 152 by hi flo is same thing. I bought locally for 8 bucks each or on amazon.com for like 8.50 each sure beats 12 bucks at a can am stealership. The darn thing is so small it should be like 4 bucks tops not much to it.
KN and HF are made you the same company. So you payed $3.75 for the KN name.

·
Registered
298 Posts
the only time I will use a K&N oil filter is if the vehicle of any kind is in a very tight spot and the nut on the end makes it much easier to undo the oil filter canister metal housing. I do believe though both K&N and hi-flo internally is the same exact thing though.

I do use the K&N air filters for various vehicles and do notice about a .5 (at most) mpg increase and a few hp increase is all. If going to keep the vehicle for over 60K miles, the K&N air filter pays for itself usually about double the price of a stock OEM air filter.

·
Registered
891 Posts
HiFlo HF-152

1 - 9 of 9 Posts