Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing routine maintenance ( oh Joy) was cleaning the air filter and checking the above drain and found about 3/4 cup oil in there.??? Not sure why can anybody help with this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Engine breather tube is in the airbox....if you've laid it on it's side or overfilled the oil....ends up in the airbox.

·
Registered
932 Posts
My buddy put his over on its side last spring, and never thought any thing over it. We pushed it over. The next ride out, every steep angle his bike would smoke badly; but on flat smooth ground there was no smoke; he had a puddle of oil in the airbox that would slosh around on rough uneven terrain or steep hills. A good cleaning of the airbox, and a new filter resolved his issues. I put mine over on its side last fall, but immediately pushed it back onto all 4s, I had a small amount of oil end up in the air box. There was a couple of posts last year about oil in airbox and never have flipped their machines, I believe it was attributed to too much oil.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a post in XMR forum on Sunday same issue. Narrowed it down to Dealer overfilled at 10 hour service. I got about 2 cups out. Check your oil level when engine is cold. If it's like mine it's likely still a little high on the dipstick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I did have a moment a while back where I was well over on my left side till I go the winch out. Like having to crawl to the high side of the bike to balance high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts