Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
Welcome to the site

Download your free service manual from the site here, it'll have all the info you need. Your drain plug can be a head-scratcher at first, here's a pic I took of mine:

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site

Download your free service manual from the site here, it'll have all the info you need. Your drain plug can be a head-scratcher at first, here's a pic I took of mine:

Found my problem...timing chain tensioner backed off and blew spring and all off the bike...great bike but a pain in the arse to get to anything lol

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
We've read of that happening before, dang. Front one's not bad, rear one's a PITA yeah

·
Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
576 Posts
Don't have a clutch puller tool for primary what can I use instead?
Primary you need a special puller. Don't buy cheap we've seen disasters. There sre stories right here on this web site. I would suggest only the Can Am tool but that's me 😉

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,904 Posts
I removed the exhaust when I fixed the rear chain tensioner on my ATV as I didn't want to go through the clutches' route.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,904 Posts
Might be the route I take to if I can't get a proper puller...was it difficult?
If wasn't difficult. Just time consuming, but I would say simpler and less risky compared to pulling clutch components and then torqueing things back to spec.
just a reminder that a puller is required anyways for maintenance work on the one way bearing.
Are the 450s different than the rest because as far as I know, you can access the one-way bearing by just loosening the primary bolt and removing the outer sheave and then voila the one-way bearing is there and ready for service.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
Tha

Thanks guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get one...cheers
Canampartsguy sells 'em, they're a great source to bookmark for your future use.

Reactions: Snipersnake67
1 - 15 of 15 Posts