Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question too like another guy on here. I used the Xps oil change kit and watched the video. They told me that the amount of oil that was given to me in the kit was the amount of oil I needed to use. Noticed that my oil level on the dip stick was about 2 inches higher than the max level. I only put 2 hours on my machine with this high level. Going to drain the oil back down to the level it should be. Just wondering if it would of damaged my motor by running it for two hours with that amount of oil.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,509 Posts
I wouldn't think so, no

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a question too like another guy on here. I used the Xps oil change kit and watched the video. They told me that the amount of oil that was given to me in the kit was the amount of oil I needed to use. Noticed that my oil level on the dip stick was about 2 inches higher than the max level. I only put 2 hours on my machine with this high level. Going to drain the oil back down to the level it should be. Just wondering if it would of damaged my motor by running it for two hours with that amount of oil.
I did the same damn thing! The S2 Guy in the video said the oil is already portioned so I put all the oil in and I checked the oil and yep, 2 inches above the dipstick! I ran it for a bit like that just to see if the oil needed it get into the filter to level out but nope, it was still above and my oil was aerated which is caused the crank hitting the oil in the pan, this isn't good as instead of your pump getting 100% oil to your parts its getting more like 80-90% oil and 10-20% air. It will most likely be fine as if it was a big deal there would be WAY more complaints with can am, the video would probably be removed and people on the internet would be losing their mind and be complaining of screwed bearings and whatever else it could damage. Im pretty crazy about things being the way they were meant to be so I just stuck a fuel line down the dipstick hole and siphoned it out as ad like my motor to have 100% lubrication instead of 80-90% lubrication if its that easy to fix it. I find it kind of funny that too much oil can cause your motor to seize for the same reason of having too little oil. (FYI, I'm no mechanic this is just some of the stuff I dug up off the internet after dealing with my machine and the 80-90% oil and 10-20% air is almost indefinitely inaccurate, its just to give an example that more lubrication is better than less.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, that kit has gotten a few guys on here. If I remember, it comes with (2) one quart bottles and (1) 16 ounce bottle. That equals 2.5 quarts. The user guide calls for 2.1 quarts. Always check the user guide for verification!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts