Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warrenty is over and I want to change the oïl. Don't want to run dealer stuff since warrenty is out. Thinking of going with Amsoil 0-40, but wondering if you guys still use the dealers oïl filter, or are there better options out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
The factory oil filter is pretty good.
I think I bought a handful of K&N filters online. I also use Amsoil 0-40!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I run 0w40 and K&N oil filter as well. 3000 miles with no issues.

lots run the hi-flo filters from ebay and amazon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any Canadians know where to buy oil & filters without paying shipping?
Best I can find for oil is Castrol-synthetic at costco for $8.60/L.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I put it Amsoil 0W-40 at the 10 hour service, its not going to affect the warranty. Been using it in the old mans Grizzly for over 7,000 miles, works great!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rotella t6 5w40 and factory filter. Costs me about 8 dollars a lt. I used to run castrol syntec years ago believe it was actually semi synthetic that I had bought. I switched to rotella as I use it in my duramax as well.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I run Hi-Flo or OEM Filters and Royal Purple 5w40. 16,000 miles and no problems yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So I bought a QEM filter to get the job done ($26.) taxes in & used the rotella T6 I had left from the last change. Price here is $47./5L jug. I just found on Amazon K&N or HiFlo filters for $23. for two shipped to my door. So now I'm set for the next couple of changes.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Any Canadians know where to buy oil & filters without paying shipping?
Best I can find for oil is Castrol-synthetic at costco for $8.60/L.
We spend time down in the US..We're in Kelowna now for the riding season. (w/Summerland ATV Club)
I get the Castrol Super SYN 5W-40 at Walmart in Omak WA for under $ 20 US Gal (3.78L). I also get the gear lube front 75-90 and 75-140 rear there in Walmarts Super Tech brand. One is Semi syn blend and the other is SYN, they re about 6 bucks for the semi and 10 for the SYN.I order the aftermarket filters for under 6 bucks on Ebay and pick them up down there also. I get a couple of gallons of Super Tech Outboard oil there for the pontoon boat as well..half of the price up here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts