Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Wood Grey Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design Synthetic rubber

Hey guys need your comments.
Just got back from a 587km ride in deep wood trails. We crossed many many water areas in the multiple trails we rode with max 12-15 inches of water. Just noticed this on my front left axle when I got home unloading it from my trailer. Nothing seems to leak. It does smell a little like diff oil but it isn't thick. How can I put this. 馃 It's oily but more water like 馃檮
I checked my diff oil level and it is spot on.
Can this be a fluke or just a temporary thing after being put to the test all weekend long !
It's warranted but I'm curious before calling the dealer !

Thanks again !
Luc

Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
Looks like quality has gone down. 馃槕

Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
Better cling on to that extended warranty and keep extending it. By now, it has paid for itself I believe. Let's hope the dealership is understanding and covers the fix for this.

Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
Yep the seal went out on you, it's a cheap fix but the time spent on it is frustrating 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Reactions: Vwluca and xsever

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep the seal went out on you, it's a cheap fix but the time spent on it is frustrating 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
I did purchase an extended warranty until july 2023 because Covid quality worried me after my fuel pump went belly up at roughly 400 some KMs in may 馃
A little disappointed .......... it's new !

After that I'll do my things like I did on my previous 2016 and hoping that it won't be too often !!!
I remember reading a post in the past where some 3rd party manufacturer seals were better quality. Will cross the bridge when I get there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well not proud of myself 馃が
All is fine and no leak 馃槨
Remember at the beginning of my post where I said it wasn't thick !
Then I thought about it but too late my ride was at the dealer !
Well it turned out that some grease fell on the inboard housing of my axle. That extra grease probably came from my last maintenance the week before and somehow got there after the long ride and being splashed with deep water crossing. After almost 600km some got "diluted" with water and got thrown by the axle spinning while riding.

Luc

Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
Well not proud of myself 馃が
All is fine and no leak 馃槨
Remember at the beginning of my post where I said it wasn't thick !
Then I thought about it but too late my ride was at the dealer !
Well it turned out that some grease fell on the inboard housing of my axle. That extra grease probably came from my last maintenance the week before and somehow got there after the long ride and being splashed with deep water crossing. After almost 600km some got "diluted" with water and got thrown by the axle spinning while riding.

Luc
After I grease the u-joints, sometimes some grease will fly everywhere. The same must've happened to you and some of the flung grease must've landed there.
Glad it wasn't the diff seals.
Ride more, worry less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts