Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 Outlander Max xt 800, have to change the belt and wondering if at the same time I should replace the one way. Is the OEM bearing the best option? What is the best way to clean the clutches?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Since you're changing the belt anyway I would at least service the bearings. I dont mind the OEM ones too much but when I replace I go elsewhere such as All Balls or RBL.
When I used the OEM bearings, I did so with inner seal on both removed. I found the one way rotated easier which led to smoother shifting.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,566 Posts
There's a real good write-up/video on youtube on cleaning the canam clutches real good. Wonder if the missus would mind if ya just dropped 'em in the dishwasher for a cycle :LOL:

But yeah, on the one-way bearing, iirc, the OEM aren't double-sealed like most of your aftermarket options are, so I'm partial to that design: All Balls (I wanna say I used a Quadboss setup in my old 400?) and it worked fine for miles and months. Double-sealed just keeps that dust out, belt shavings, etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My original bearings were double sealed from factory on my 2016 Outlander 850 Max XT.
2 years ago replaced with Quadboss and still shifting smoothly
Luc

Reactions: BombardierBomb
1 - 4 of 4 Posts