Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an excellent write up of how to service the one way by stiffler in 2009 but I'm wondering if the bearing sizes are still the same for newer models? Mines a '13 650 xmr. Can I order one of the numbers found in the thread? What's the best bearings to get? For my truck I used to get skf and never had any trouble.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Serial number

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help me. Or anyone. Is the 2nd number in the serial number a letter or a number??? Someone please help

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines a letter. Now back to the bearing question...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
still the same Scottyho.

Reactions: Scottyho

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Or were they talking about the bearing number????:0headscratch:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or were they talking about the bearing number????:0headscratch:
Not sure I guess. It was their first post ever. I assumed it was the wheeler serial number.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scotty. I got mine from Amazon. And they are the same ones from that write up. I have a 2013 also.
Which ones did you go with? Did it help the "hump"? Still going good?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Scotty. I got mine from Amazon. And they are the same ones from that write up. I have a 2013 also.

These are the ones I got. Remember you need two of them. And they did help, but I think just lubing them would have helped also. But I was servicing the clutch anyway, so I replaced them.

Did mine about a year ago now. Still going well!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

These are the ones I got. Remember you need two of them. And they did help, but I think just lubing them would have helped also. But I was servicing the clutch anyway, so I replaced them.

I thought about just lubing them but there is some lateral play in the outer one. Inner doesn't have that. Just gonna replace them.

·
Registered
277 Posts

I thought about just lubing them but there is some lateral play in the outer one. Inner doesn't have that. Just gonna replace them.

Yeah...you're in there anyway might as well change them out. The rbl ones do move a lot more freely. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get them.

Also while you have the primary off scuff it up before you put it back on.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6808-2RS Bearing 40x52x7 Sealed Ball Bearings VXB Brand:Amazon:Industrial & Scientific

Yeah...you're in there anyway might as well change them out. The rbl ones do move a lot more freely. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get them.

Already scuffed and clean. Was just wanting some feedback before I knock the old ones out. Thanks Dave!!

·
Registered
277 Posts

Already scuffed and clean. Was just wanting some feedback before I knock the old ones out. Thanks Dave!!

Lol...get to pounding them suckers out!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm on it! Pretty easy. Stop interrupting!!!! Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts