Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the Moose hunt this weekend. We had 2 Bull tags, filled one opening day. Saw one more bull but it was in the wrong WMU for the tag. My dad saw 4 cows as well. Great weather, nice and cold and snowing like crazy! Just thought I would post some pics. I'm on the right.

The Can Am worked well. Swamps, logging roads and pulling out a moose with a polaris. Never needed the winch once to get out. Put 200 Km's and 12 hours on it. Ended up with a burned tail light, noisy clutch (I'm guessing that is normal from what I read), front right tire has treads peeling off and some plastics have fitment issues. Dropped it off at the dealer for the 10 hour service before I came home, see what they have to say and report back.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Cool pics and nice Moose.

Reactions: jscape83

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Where were you hunting?
Looks alot like the terrain around here.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where were you hunting?
Looks alot like the terrain around here.
You're right, it was Foleyet, Ontario.

Thanks, everyone. I Love getting outdoors.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice! Congratulations on the harvest! :th_smiliethumbsup:
Looks like you had a good time with lots of good memories. :th_smiliewoo:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice pictures you were in my backyard and I'm originally from Pembroke which is right next to Ottawa as well as you know. Small world. How thw heck did you get 2 bull tags you are one lucky group of guys. Are you going out again to fill the other tag?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pictures you were in my backyard and I'm originally from Pembroke which is right next to Ottawa as well as you know. Small world. How thw heck did you get 2 bull tags you are one lucky group of guys. Are you going out again to fill the other tag?
Pembroke, nice. I know a few people from there.

You don't have to tell me how lucky we were. 4 guys in the group and 2 tags in Ontario! Haven't decided. It is a 10 hour drive and you need lodging, probably won't be unfortunately. Moose is already butchered and 125 lbs of meat in my freezer, so I am happy! But I would love to if deer hunting wasn't upon me and I had extra time off and extra cash.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Super cool man, not always does someone post about their moose hunt here. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well hopefully we see some more. I love seeing people with a successful hunt. I am going deer hunting too, so if I have something to post I will.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got home from the Moose hunt this weekend. We had 2 Bull tags, filled one opening day. Saw one more bull but it was in the wrong WMU for the tag. My dad saw 4 cows as well. Great weather, nice and cold and snowing like crazy! Just thought I would post some pics. I'm on the right.

The Can Am worked well. Swamps, logging roads and pulling out a moose with a polaris. Never needed the winch once to get out. Put 200 Km's and 12 hours on it. Ended up with a burned tail light, noisy clutch (I'm guessing that is normal from what I read), front right tire has treads peeling off and some plastics have fitment issues. Dropped it off at the dealer for the 10 hour service before I came home, see what they have to say and report back.
Great Pics!! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts