Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently no one knows how long it will be to receive their 2021 can am wheelers. I just put a deposit on a outlander 850 xt in the state of Indiana. Iam lucky they even put a order in. Some dealers can't even order them around here. Any of you guys having any luck?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a 2021 in October and was lucky to find a 570 Max XT in stock. My local dealer wanted a $500 (Non refundable) deposit if I wanted to order one. However they couldn’t tell me or give me updates when it might come in....no thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Sourhern California and asked several dealers about ordering the 850 XTP. Of the dealers who would even try to place an order, they all said that it would be between late sammer and the end of the year to get one. I ended up driving 8 hours away where I felt lucky to find one in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ditto buddy....dealer told me October for same machine. Walked around the back of the store and saw them unloading couple new machines (the one i wanted). They put gas in it and i loaded into my truck. You're going to LOVE it by the way.....its amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought my 850 max xt about 2 weeks ago. I ordered it with a 500 dollar down and waited 3 weeks for it to come in. I don't know if I just got lucky or what but in reading the posts maybe I did just get lucky. Either way I'm from west Texas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The dealers have "allocations" (pre-orders placed in advance). When you call around ask for available allocations you can put a deposit on.

These allocations are for specific delivery intervals from BRP in Mexico.

The machines are out there, you have to be willing to travel to another state or province.

In early March I put a deposit on an allocation, arrived 2 weeks later, 850 XT. I found a second matching machine 1 week later.

·
Registered
218 Posts
One week ago today I started looking for a Defender Limited. The local dealer didn't have one, so I called another dealer I have bought several machines from, being as they had one listed under inventory on their web page. It turned out that the one they had in inventory had sold that day and the new owner had just driven away with it. I asked if they had any on their way from Can Am, and was told they had one showing on their order inventory that was supposed to be shipped in March. There were only two days left in March, so I figured it wouldn't be too long before it showed up, and I asked them to put my name on it. I've bought enough machines from this dealership and salesman over the last 35 years that he did not ask for a deposit. Yesterday he called and said the machine had showed up, we agreed upon a price, and I asked him to install a street legal kit and side mirrors. I will pick it up on Saturday. So not too bad of a wait in my case. On the second dealer I called they had the machine I wanted coming in, and the wait was only 6 days before it showed up. Granted this is a UTV and not an ATV, and Can Am, along with all the rest of the manufacturers, are moving UTVs faster than ATVs these days. This was in Utah by the way.

Reactions: xsever

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
525 Posts
One week ago today I started looking for a Defender Limited. The local dealer didn't have one, so I called another dealer I have bought several machines from, being as they had one listed under inventory on their web page. It turned out that the one they had in inventory had sold that day and the new owner had just driven away with it. I asked if they had any on their way from Can Am, and was told they had one showing on their order inventory that was supposed to be shipped in March. There were only two days left in March, so I figured it wouldn't be too long before it showed up, and I asked them to put my name on it. I've bought enough machines from this dealership and salesman over the last 35 years that he did not ask for a deposit. Yesterday he called and said the machine had showed up, we agreed upon a price, and I asked him to install a street legal kit and side mirrors. I will pick it up on Saturday. So not too bad of a wait in my case. On the second dealer I called they had the machine I wanted coming in, and the wait was only 6 days before it showed up. Granted this is a UTV and not an ATV, and Can Am, along with all the rest of the manufacturers, are moving UTVs faster than ATVs these days. This was in Utah by the way.
Congratulations! Be sure to post some pics to show us the new Defender.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had to put a deposit for xmr 850 2021. Ordered early January, was told it would come March, came in early April and ready for pickup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought my 850 max xt about 2 weeks ago. I ordered it with a 500 dollar down and waited 3 weeks for it to come in. I don't know if I just got lucky or what but in reading the posts maybe I did just get lucky. Either way I'm from west Texas.
Wow!
I wish!
I put a deposit down month and a half ago, still haven’t heard anything. I call once a week ......

·
Registered
2021 850 max North Edition
10 Posts
I put a deposit down at the end of January for a machine that was supposed to come in March. Still have no idea when it may come. My buddy lucked out as a dealership got sent a 850 XT that was not accounted for and he happend to be at the right place at the right time. I think because I am looking at a 850 max North Edition, I may be waiting longer. They will probably pound out more popular models first.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850xt
2 Posts
So apparently no one knows how long it will be to receive their 2021 can am wheelers. I just put a deposit on a outlander 850 xt in the state of Indiana. Iam lucky they even put a order in. Some dealers can't even order them around here. Any of you guys having any luck?
I just ordered an 850xt last week and they are estimating June/July delivery. Rochester, NY

·
Registered
966 Posts
Like I've said in many post, try and find a 2021 XMR 1000r Neo Yellow. The one dealer I deal with had a 850, but I own a 1000 now and there is no going backwards at this time of my life. Go Big or Go Home!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys. I order a 2021 650 mossy oak about a month ago and the dealer said mine should be on the next shipment. All the atvs and sxs that they are getting are just to fill orders. Their attitude is if you want one just ask for the model and they will order it, no down payment needed. They will always sell it to someone else.
The dealership has already sold their quota for 2022 Ski-doo sleds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts