Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
I bought the Warn VRX 35-S, P/N 101030, winch off of Amazon and bought the Expedition front and rear bumpers from Can-Am.
Cool. How much was the total for these?

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
Total cost was a touch over $885 for the winch and bumpers. I put the same winch on my wife's 570 DPS and it is a beast....
Yeah I can imagine. I would have never thought that adding these manually will end up costing less than what BRP is charging for the XT. Well done!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah I can imagine. I would have never thought that adding these manually will end up costing less than what BRP is charging for the XT. Well done!
BRP knows how to get people to pay a premium by what colors they make available for what model.

One of the reasons I went with the XT over building up a dps was the Iron Grey matte color.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So you saved $150 and you have to install everything?
I just don’t follow your logic, my time is worth more than that.
I would love to know how much time it takes you start to finish to get everything done. I am not trying to sound like a jerk but I seriously don’t see the value.....
can am xt comes with a 3500 lb warn winch. Good enough for me
P.S., congrats on the new quad!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went into the dealer at the beginning of April and to order a Max 850 XT they said they might get it by August but no guarantees. So the guy showed me the list of what was coming in and i picked the Max1000xt in Boreal green. Just heard from him and it was shipped from the factory. I should have it very soon. 😎

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went into the dealer at the beginning of April and to order a Max 850 XT they said they might get it by August but no guarantees. So the guy showed me the list of what was coming in and i picked the Max1000xt in Boreal green. Just heard from him and it was shipped from the factory. I should have it very soon. 😎
Thats exactly what I just picked up a few days ago!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So you saved $150 and you have to install everything?
I just don’t follow your logic, my time is worth more than that.
I would love to know how much time it takes you start to finish to get everything done. I am not trying to sound like a jerk but I seriously don’t see the value.....
can am xt comes with a 3500 lb warn winch. Good enough for me
P.S., congrats on the new quad!!!
I literally did the same thing to my wife's quad and it took me about an hour 1 1/2 hours. I chose to build it from the DPS because you get better components. The bumpers I bought are way nicer than the XT and the winch is synthetic rope...not wire. All it takes is 1 wire splinter and you will never own wire again! Trust me...I looked at the XT's.....this just suits me better AND I love working on quads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I literally did the same thing to my wife's quad and it took me about an hour 1 1/2 hours. I chose to build it from the DPS because you get better components. The bumpers I bought are way nicer than the XT and the winch is synthetic rope...not wire. All it takes is 1 wire splinter and you will never own wire again! Trust me...I looked at the XT's.....this just suits me better AND I love working on quads.
I agree with you on the wire rope....I have been cut many times and have had it go through leather gloves!
I plan on swapping the wire for synthetic very soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with you on the wire rope....I have been cut many times and have had it go through leather gloves!
I plan on swapping the wire for synthetic very soon!
That will be the first thing I do on mine. Synthetic winch cable
Just remember that the synthetic does take damage from UV rays. I will make some velcro on cover to protect it if necessary.

·
Registered
837 Posts
when going for accessories also check out rocky mountain. they sometimes will have deals well under msrp. They had the sport max roof on sale for 12% off when i was ordering our sxs, but the dealership gave me 15% off OEM accessories so i bought it through the dealer instead. However the rear window mesh nest was like 20 or 22% off through them at the same time, so i got the mesh rear window through RMATV instead of my dealer

·
Registered
61 Posts
That will be the first thing I do on mine. Synthetic winch cable
Just remember that the synthetic does take damage from UV rays. I will make some velcro on cover to protect it if necessary.
Ya, often the rope comes with a rash guard and that will protect it, it usually is long enough that when spooled in it will cover the rest of it too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called up my local dealer end of January in lower east Michigan and said I need to put an order in by February for the bike to be in by May. $500 later, here I am and no bike. I ordered a 2021 Outlander XT 850 Grey/Blue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got them to show me the ATV's that they were expecting for their regular order and I picked one of those that hadn't been reserved yet. Dropped a $500 down payment April 3nd and picked it up May 1st. Call around and maybe you can get lucky. Doubt it though as the 850 seems to be super popular. I wanted the 850 and ended up with a Max 1000 XT
Gonna be headed up to Baldwin, MI next month to tear up TinCup and whatever else I find.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just been told that all outlander 6x6 orders are being either refunded or pushed to the 2022 model due to supply line issues and shutting down their plants in both Finland and Mexico. Delivery on many machines wont be until at least Q3.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts