Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 outlander 800 xmr with less then 100 hours. I was changing my belt the other day and when I put my new one on I noticed that I was already starting to mess the belt up. I told the belt back off and was moving the outer primary to see what was going out and it got locked and it wont move in and out at all. Ive been trying to get the bolt off but of course it wont come off either.

If anyone has some experience with this or some advise please let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
Only thing to suggest is take the primary off and clean and check everything. If the bolt won't come out, you may need to use a hammer gun. Maybe a smack on the bolt head with a hammer may jolt the threads loose. Bolt is normal right hand thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing to suggest is take the primary off and clean and check everything. If the bolt won't come out, you may need to use a hammer gun. Maybe a smack on the bolt head with a hammer may jolt the threads loose. Bolt is normal right hand thread.

Ok I will try this. thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just finished R&R-ing my Commander Clutch after blowing up a belt, and when I say blowing up, I mean totally shredding it into little rubber bits, dust and fuzz... It went everywhere, including my CVT air discharge tubing... At any rate, upon re-assembly with a new MAV 212 belt, I noticed the Secondary inner sheave would not move in and out at all... I removed it and found the inner shave seized on the main shaft... The culprit seemed to be the inner sheaves bearing surface, which had accumulated melted belt debris and was sticking on the main shaft... I cleaned it up with a brake cylinder hone on a drill, and voila, it slides like it should again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts