Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally came in. Ordered it last November and picked it up on Thursday. Did 4 or 5 temperature cycles and then 20210501_113809.jpg took it out for a 40 mile ride today.

I came from a Honda Rincon. Big difference in power. Electric throttle will take a little bit to get used to. Definitely runs hotter than the Honda. My right leg was feeling it.

Overall it is a nice step up from the Rincon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
Very nice looking machine. I really like the blue. Happy riding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hustr

·
Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
284 Posts
Very nice. Put the aluminum foot pegs on it and you’ll love it even more.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Which aluminum foot pegs did you put on? Pic? What do you like better about them?
They are OEM. Your feet won’t slide around on them like they do on the molded plastic. They bolt right on, very simple to install.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You've got to be kidding.
Do all G2's have PLASTIC FOOTPEGS ??
I think they are standard on the XMR. They should be standard on all models. It makes a tremendous difference in ride quality and confidence.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
649 Posts
They bolt right on, very simple to install.
Do you have to remove the floorboards and/or the skidplate underneath to install them? Or do they bolt on from the top?

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
597 Posts
Do you have to remove the floorboards and/or the skidplate underneath to install them? Or do they bolt on from the top?
They have a nut on the bottom side and not easy to get to with skid plates on. You can reach around in front of the rear tire if you are a contortionist with a 10mm wrench. May be easier to drop the foot well skid plate. I just found this out when i was trying to remove the foot well plastics to get access to the CVT belt housing bottom bolts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great call Bonzo. Been on Outlanders for 14 years, and still learning of a better way. Ordering em now. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
Sharp looking ride, love that shade of blue (y)

Reactions: Hustr
1 - 19 of 19 Posts