·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLACK AND POLISHED MUZZY DUAL CANISTER FULL EXHAUST SYSTEMS ARE IN STOCK

750 BLACK TEFLON CANS
700 POLISHED CANS
+ SHIPPING

Can am 1000cc Muzzy Dual exhaust BLACK TEFLON CANS.

FULL STAINLESS SYSTEM EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS

DUAL 02 BUNGS PRE WELDED

BILLET DUAL MUFFLER CLAMPS

HEAT SHIELDS (not really even needed IMO)

IN STOCK AND IN VERY LIMITED SUPPLIES!!!!!

750.00 + shipping (this is for the black teflon duals shown here)

700.00 + shipping (for the polished dual cans)

here they are after a long wait.

These are just released and in VERY short supply.

If you want a system. EMAIL ME ([email protected]) or PM me on here. or call me at the shop 570-875-9071 (may not get me)

Single systems are still in the works.

I'll post the dyno charts and video soon. (Duals and Digituner)

I have dynocharts and Digituner settings complete. I will have the PCV settings done hopefully by this weekend.

I'll also get dyno video for a sound check.

You'll be majorly impressed. it really brings out the sound of the 1000 motor.

quiet cores and spark screens included as always.

John

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
The more I see and hear these the more I like them. Nice!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
atvmodster made a new sound bite.....And welcome Z71likearockman to the forum

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got bored yesterday and just can't leave well enough alone. I love the sound of these pipes on this motor. They are a hell of a sound for sure. very smooth and not raspy or even too loud concidering these are 14 inch mufflers.

so as of last night at 10 pm. I've been working on my renegade and adapting the system to it from the outlander. some 90* bends of 2 inch pipe and I'm all set (on order). I also shortened the cans down for the renegade and they will be mounted sideways.

I hope to have it all done and buttoned up by Saturday's ATV ride. or I'll be using the Teryx.

I can't sit around and wait for Muzzys to make a renegade system and this is 90% done with the outty 1000 system and the gains are great as far as I'm concerned. so....here's some install pics of the outlander 1000 Muzzy Dual system custom modified to fit on the renegade 1000, I'll make it fit.

that's with the outlander 14 inch cans. I've since modified them by about -4 inches and will get the mounting set up today.

I need to CNC mill or cnc plasma me out some more brackets.

John

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
They are a hell of a sound for sure. very smooth and not raspy or even too loud concidering these are 14 inch mufflers.

I've been working on my renegade and adapting the system to it from the outlander. some 90* bends of 2 inch pipe and I'm all set. I also shortened the cans down to 10 inches for the renegade and they will be mounted sideways.

I hope to have it all done and buttoned up by Saturday's ride. or I'll be using the Teryx.

I can't wait for Muzzys to make a renagade system as slow as they are this time of year getting me my normal pipes in here to sell. so....here's some install pics of the outlander system on the renegade 1000, I'll make it fit (or chop up a 750.00 exhaust trying)

that's with the outlander 14 inch cans. I've since modified them by about -4 inches and will get the mounting set up today.

John
John,
Muzzy has a setup for the Renegade now.

I like yours better personally.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Quote from atvmodster that posted the video of the new duals " I got the pcv installed! Got a map from outty1000 until my autotune arrives. Runs very smooth and strong with your map. thanks allot. I will be using autotune as soon as possible incase i have some lean spots. Outty1000 on pavement i can sit on airbox and lean as far forward as possible at 15 mph and step on it and it still shoots right up. Feels pretty sweet! Try this on yours. I was on pavement. Gunna make a drag race near impossible.." unquote
The pipe is awesome better than the Brute version I think.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
John can you give some tuning tips for the auto tune such as where these pipes are making the best hp A/F wise and at what rpm's peak hp occurred.
Thanks

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I am seeing peak power at 7250 rpm and 12.7-12. a/f ratio.

I got my renegade setup with them on it with modded shorty cans.

what a sound..... the vid doesn't really capture the sound as deep as it is.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

there's the chart of the Dual Muzzys VS stock exhaust. I'll post the dyno videos as well soon as they upload. stock dyno, muzzy q-core and sparky, and wide open.

you'll be suprised to know, it made the most power peak with q-core and sparky INSTALLED!!

I have charts of the cores installed vs wide open. cores in, it makes a hair more low end, cores out it makes a hair more top end.

John

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
John....

Curious your thoughts on the rotax motors.....800 and 1000 vs the kawi 750 twin. Which is better in what areas....and why?

I think others are probably curious too.....I mean the brute is making a lot of power with a tuner and exhaust and clutch work. Can the 800r match it mod for mod? is there something about the degree of the V in the engines that makes one better than the other?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
I am not all that suprised with the better performance with the duals plugged up a bit. I tested a lot of different pipes and setups on the original 800HOs and the woods was the most free flowing making slightly more HP but fell short on torque compared to a slip on HMF. I would be like to see how a sinlge open ended can would compare to the duals with inserts in it. Based on your conclusions, and what I have experinced I would not be susprised if a singe can wouldn't perform just as well if not better.
Duals are cool though, and those look and sound great on there.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
They do have a single can also 2 into 1. Muzzy said it makes 2 less @ 6-rwhp but this information came from a third party. Don't think John has actually tested it yet.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Thats cool, is it a slip on or full system?

I had just herd and seen first hand on occasion how too much flow can sometimes take power away, seems that might be case here, if adding the incerts increased the power some.

I am just kinda interested in seeing how a simple slip on single can compares.
I know the swamp series was a joke on the 850XP I tried it on, so when I herd thats all they had for the 1000, I have been setting back waiting for some more choices to hit the market before jumping in and buying something. I see from scanning through some post on here today looks like there is getting to be some options availble now. So far I like this muzzy setup the best from what I have seen so far. Just not seen to many duals that accually out perform a an open single. But it has always seemd to me its about getting that good balance of flow and back pressure just right. The duals with the incerts may be that perfect balance.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
About this Discussion
149 Replies
27 Participants
slayer1962
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing