Can-Am ATV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You're right, I'm not going to argue over using the correct test. Bottom line is they come in like all pipes louder than stock but not that bad in my opinion. 97 db was what I got @ 1/2 the rated rpms by the manufacturer. If you look above in this thread I've already done the testing and reported my findings.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yep I see your post about your findings and that's just what I was doing that's what these forms are for getting opinions from various sources and making a discussion based on other peoples opinions and experiences not just one person.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Here is what I did to install my sytem

This is right from unpacking to final sound check which in a previous post in this thread so I didn't put it in again. Hope it helps someone.

Sound check is on page 10

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes it's nice having multiple opinions but I've found too much it starts mudding the facts and distorting the truths. It's not the quantity of information out there that matters, its the quality I look for.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm at work without volume, I'll be sure and check them out. Good work and thanks for posting.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes it's nice having multiple opinions but I've found too much it starts mudding the facts and distorting the truths. It's not the quantity of information out there that matters, its the quality I look for.
Look I posted what I did to try and help
but your the man your right now can we get back to helping each other and put our petty ego's away cause it isn't helping anybody

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks for all your posts! I'm going to see what the laws are for New Hampshire and go from there.
I just wish the pipes were not on top of each other as this is more for aesthetic reasons then anything.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Good job on the instructional videos, the rear head bolts were a pita for sure and yours being over torqued made it worse. For anyone thinking all the plastic removal is too much it actually comes off very fast. I ended up not using any of the muzzy heat shields and wrapped my pipes where needed with titanium exhaust wrap.

·
Registered
886 Posts
thanks for the vids, one of them is marked private though so I can't watch it.

I had the same problem with my header bolts, your solution was much more elegant, I just hit them back into shape with a hammer lol... never even thought about what would happen if they broke, probably have to take the engine out to get the studs out.

I'll have to look for that S wrench, I got in without it but it was a royal pain. I actually got the bolt started by putting it on the end of a magnet, hard to believe it worked.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
thanks for the vids, one of them is marked private though so I can't watch it.

I had the same problem with my header bolts, your solution was much more elegant, I just hit them back into shape with a hammer lol... never even thought about what would happen if they broke, probably have to take the engine out to get the studs out.

I'll have to look for that S wrench, I got in without it but it was a royal pain. I actually got the bolt started by putting it on the end of a magnet, hard to believe it worked.
I fixed the link to the Step 5 video try it now and let me know how it went please

·
Registered
632 Posts
And Outty1000

I just want to say sorry about last night but as I mentioned on page 10 of this post under my sound test I was in a accident with my Quad on Monday evening and I sort of underplayed how bad it was. I flipped the thing over on top of me and it cracked my helmet in 3 places which gave me a mild concussion and broke a few ribs and did a number on my right arm and leg not to mention my face cause the helmet caved in enough to hit my jaw and lips but I didn't lose any teeth. Luck ally I was fully suited up with JOE DIRT wear. So when I was laying in bed in pain I decided to try and take my mind off the pain by posting a few things and help out some other people and I guess you chimed in when I wasn't very receptive to someone telling me I posted the wrong thing. Hope we can move on and I am sorry for being childish and not responding better to your posts.

Vforcejohn i also owe you an apology for high jacking your thread.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Very cool info and vids. Easier when you have a visual of what and how things go. Sorry to hear you hurt yourself, cracking a helmet is no mild crash, been there.

·
Registered
632 Posts
No problem I just wish I could have done more videos but once you get in a groove you hate to stop and video.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
All cool man, appreciate all the your work you did. Man that accident does sound nasty.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Excellent vids, you may want to edit the first vid and take your name and address out of the video... You can TRIM that on Youtube itself, pretty quick.

Sorry about your wreck, I wrecked mine a little while ago, not as bad as yours but I got it on video on my YouTube account, was yours on video?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Excellent vids, you may want to edit the first vid and take your name and address out of the video... You can TRIM that on Youtube itself, pretty quick.

Sorry about your wreck, I wrecked mine a little while ago, not as bad as yours but I got it on video on my YouTube account, was yours on video?
Thanks for the heads up on th addy and no I didn't get the video I have a feeling I wouldn't have wanted to see it. But I did get my new HD HERO in just today so future rides will be videoed once I heal a bit.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts