Can-Am ATV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
No it wasn't speed or power that did it. I was going up a sand dune steep hill that I have been up many times but this time the sand was wet underneath and it caused the ass end to slide sideways and when it did the back tires hit some hard packed and grass and it went over in a heartbeat. My fault I pushed too hard and paid the price. I should have known I've been driving long enough to know better but this thing makes you feel like you can drive through anything and I can feel the extra power. Anyone who has heard it has been amazed at how good it sounds yet it is very civil to the ear.

PS

The wreck was nowhere near as painful as listening and getting a tongue lashing from my wife which is still ongoing by the way and I deserve it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just noticed this weekend that my pipes were ready to fall off, it turns out that the small bolts that hold the steel brackets to the aluminum wrap brackets (the ones that go around and sandwich the pipes) have fell out.

Does anyone have the instructions anymore or know what size those small bolts are? I tried a bunch of bolts I have but nothing seemed to want to thread in so I'd like to know what they are for sure.

I'm also tempted to drill the holes all the way through and put a bolt through with a nyloc nut so they can't release.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks John,

Got a response from you and Muzzy's. I emailed the last night and had an answer from both of you by this morning.

I decided to just drill all the way through and put a bolt through and double nut it with loctite as well, hopefully that'll keep it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
hedge

Can you please take a picture of what you replaced so we can all be sure we are looking at the right bolts on ours. Thanks in advance

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
On the outlander duals, there is an aluminum bracket that clamps the mufflers together in a stack. there are 2 black metal brackets that bolt to the billet muffler clamps and hold it to the frame. The small stainless cap screw bolts used to secure the black metal brackets to the billet clamps are the ones in question here.

I suggest using red loctite on them. the Blue loctite Muzzy supplies may not be enough if they are backing out. just something to check on and ensure correct tightness of.

John

·
Registered
47 Posts
speaking of replacing parts....I was installing my Tune Monster a few days ago and seem to have lost one of the O2 bung plugs out of the headpipe. Anyone know of the specs on that?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I see that it has been a while since anyone has posted on this topic. I just ordered the Muzzy full exhaust and digi-tuner.
My question (for anyone that has installed lately) is how do you set-up the tuner. I thought it was pretty much pre-set ? I seen some of the instructions posted on here, but they seemed like the were written for making lots of adjustments.
Look forward to hearing your comments! :th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Did you order this thru me?

I give my own instruction sheet on programming setup. they are already preset by myself with my own mapping. you just have to adjust the LED lights pending what setup you have. It takes all of 30 seconds to set it up.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
speaking of replacing parts....I was installing my Tune Monster a few days ago and seem to have lost one of the O2 bung plugs out of the headpipe. Anyone know of the specs on that?

Sorry I missed this. they are standard 02 bung specs. 18x1.5mm thread about 20mm long threads

stainless is prefered to prevent rusting.

John

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just completed my install of the Muzzy dual exhaust and digi-tuner.

Thanks lots to NoNothing for his excellent videos

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just added a couple of pictures of the install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Muzzy's

Thanks alot John I call mine the big block and you say small block! your killing my reputation ! (kidding sounds great)
I have my auto tune and tuner under the seat as well. I use the waterproofing two part spray from Home depot because I have occasionally had the seat under water (anytime I can! )
The exhaust is reasonable if you ride reasonable. If I pull out of my garage at 7500 rpm neighbors not going to be happy, chug it onto my trailer no problem!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes, I prefer it high and dry up under the speedo area, but under the seat works very well too. it's easy enough to put it anywhere.

John
I moved mine as well to the pod

121 - 140 of 150 Posts
About this Discussion
149 Replies
27 Participants
slayer1962
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing