Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1177 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got mine August 13th. I have 5 hours on it now. I like it alot except for not be able to start off without it jumping. Think about being at the top of a hill needing to ease into the throttle. YOU CAN'T.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got mine August 13th. I have 5 hours on it now. I like it alot except for not be able to start off without it jumping. Think about being at the top of a hill needing to ease into the throttle. YOU CAN'T.
Let me ask you something, is the throttle stiff on the new 2012 models like the older models? When I owned the 2010 model, and did between a 60 - 100 mile ride, my thumb would be sore. Just wondering if Can Am made an improvement to the thumb throttle assembly.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice rig, any more pics???

·
Registered
995 Posts
Maybe a little more detail on that comparo with the 09???^^^

·
Registered
820 Posts
How is the throttle response on the 1000xt Outty. One response mentioned if you were at the top of a hill and hit the throttle it might be a bit more than necessary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How is the throttle response on the 1000xt Outty. One response mentioned if you were at the top of a hill and hit the throttle it might be a bit more than necessary.
No problem with mine. Very smooth, it's all in the thumb:)
I find that when the suspension was set to soft I had the same issue with it feeling jumpy. I adjusted the suspension all the way stiff and do not notice it at all. Also if you feel it is too touchy then you can use the grey key! this key makes it gutless down low and it limits top speed to 43mph. Overall I love mine very much. I have noticed that when riding for a while I can smell gas when I stop. Might be the gas cap not sealing all the way. Anyone else notice that?

Pictures! we all love them...

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ordered mine here in Australia, and i dont get it until late october early november, i had a 2011 xtp 800r and had a nasty accident and wrote it off, so all i can do is sit here and drewl over all you guys and your new machines, i also look to be coming over to the good old USA next year for about 6 weeks , hope to do some riding while im over there

·
Registered
995 Posts
Chompin at the bit, I was told september, probably late september for my black XT....

·
Registered
4 Posts
just my two cent for anybody looking to buy the new outty. ride is wonderful, power unreal!!! power steering is spot on. but with all that the weight is terrible. full of fluids with 27 itp mud lites the 1000 is a fat azz at 850 lbs. no more stepping off and walking through the nasty stuff. break out the winch and pull.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Got my 1000 XT in yellow today.

1 - 20 of 1177 Posts