Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1245 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Salute Everyone!
I'm brand new, to ATVs and Message Boards. After looking at Polaris VS Cam-Am products, I landed on the Outlander 1000xmr. I did take it for a quick, really quick spin before I had to leave town for work. I love it. Can't wait to get it dirty BUT isn't so cool and clean though?
My helmet should be in when I get back and then I'll add a few hours to it...

OH! IF ANYONE CAN POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF A TWO UP PASSENGER SEAT I'D BE APPRECIATIVE!

Everyone be SAFE and enjoy the ride!
View attachment 96430 View attachment 96431

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hellooo. Got another canam a few weeks ago. 2013 outlander 1000 xt. got to change my first fuel pump the other. Soo much fun compared to my gen 1 800. Lol. this is my first post since 2011 i think lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys I’m trying to decide between a 2020 850xt or 2020 1000xt. I’m trying to find out if there is a noticeable power difference in riding the 1000 vs the 850? Is it hard to keep the front wheels on the ground with the 1000 vs the 850? Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys I’m trying to decide between a 2020 850xt or 2020 1000xt. I’m trying to find out if there is a noticeable power difference in riding the 1000 vs the 850? Is it hard to keep the front wheels on the ground with the 1000 vs the 850? Any info is appreciated
I bought a 2019 outlander XT 1000R and don’t regret it, it sucks in gas and is real easy to go through 20 litres with the throat pinned the whole time. But all in all that’s the only way to ride is balls deep to the rug on those machines and I love it.
Looking at bigger tires for mine and the 91 stock horsepower will definitely help if your looking to build and mod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One other question with the throttle by wire vs a throttle cable is there noticeable lag with the throttle by wire system?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just got the 2020 850. The drive by wire is a bit of a learning curve since it is so sensitive but I'm getting used to it... power is good on the machine and I have not even opened it up yet... I was impressed today we have gotten about 2 foot of snow. It's not shoveled near my shed or anyware for that matter.. low range and pinned it and it walked out of their like nothing.. crused around the neighbourhood and the snow did not slow me down.. my old machine struggled in the snow..
On a side note I think I'll have to replant some grass this summer...lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
So the 850 has plenty of power? And you’re saying there’s no lag with the throttle by wire? If that’s the case I might go with 2 850’s to replace the 500 and 650 we used to have I sold them a couple of years ago for financial reasons but am ready to replace them now

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
108 Posts
So the 850 has plenty of power? And you’re saying there’s no lag with the throttle by wire? If that’s the case I might go with 2 850’s to replace the 500 and 650 we used to have I sold them a couple of years ago for financial reasons but am ready to replace them now
this is my exact dilemma right now. I’m torn between the 850 vs 1000 and am looking to buy in the next week or 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m still trying to decide between the 850 vs 1000 since both now have throttle by wire systems so the only real decision is to figure out if the 850 is strong on power and if the 1000’s power will be smooth and not a battle to keep the front wheels on the ground

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's far from impossible to manage the 1000. You'd have to constantly be mashing it for you to be having trouble keeping the wheels on the ground.

Do you plan on doing mods? Intake, exhaust, tune, maybe clutch? You're gonna want to start with the 1000 platform if you're looking for power. You're not always gonna need it..but DAMN it's nice to have the power on reserve when you DO need it

·
Registered
12 Posts
3wheelin thanks for the info. I’m not going to do any mods at first maybe exhaust but I’ve been leaning towards the 1000

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
108 Posts
I would like to do some basic mods. Pretty much what you mentioned. Exhaust, tune, clutch

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a 2020 Outlander XMR 1000 to go with my XXC 1000 Renegade and Sportsman 570. Got the 2-up seat, full skids and mirrors for the Outty. Pick it up Friday. Can't wait! It's black and silver. Will post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with the 850xt and so far it’s nice although still in the break in period using the normal key will use the performance key once the break in period is complete. Will get a 1000 next

1201 - 1220 of 1245 Posts