Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sold my 800 last year :(

Buying the 2013 1000 XT-P in the next few weeks :)
Right off the bat, I'm probably going to want to add a cpl mods (heated grips/throttle etc etc and I'm wondering what everyone recommends as "must have" add ons for the XT-P?
Sold my 13 and got the '20 xt-p max 1k

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve got a 2014 outlander max xp.
Mostly stock, guy I bought it from has put a K&N air filter on it and also put a set of stage 4 Elka shocks on it.
Love the shocks, plan on doing a clutch upgrade soon, so far a great machine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been rotating out my quads ... amazing seems to be a shortage of good lower end quads . I am considering either the XMR which I like the new Diff loc but only believe it comes on the XMR ? But I would be happy with the XT-P , I just sent a dealer a inquiry on a XT-P to get a price .
Nice looking machines .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been rotating out my quads ... amazing seems to be a shortage of good lower end quads . I am considering either the XMR which I like the new Diff loc but only believe it comes on the XMR ? But I would be happy with the XT-P , I just sent a dealer a inquiry on a XT-P to get a price .
Nice looking machines .
Depends on what kind of riding you do. A lot of mud and water...XMR. Open trail riding, more performance...XT-P. I went with the XT-P, I would t go back. Great performance and still goes through mud holes I need it to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice looking machines .
I love mine!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a 2016 XMR 1000r Outlander , biggest thing I noticed with that was the internal heat , the plastic's would get really hot . I attributed to having the radiator up top and not having as much air flow . I actually mounted another fan where the radiator mounts inboard like the XT to keep the hot air moving made a big difference .
I'm thinking going with the XTP for that main reason .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me ask you something, is the throttle stiff on the new 2012 models like the older models? When I owned the 2010 model, and did between a 60 - 100 mile ride, my thumb would be sore. Just wondering if Can Am made an improvement to the thumb throttle assembly.

Thanks.
I have a 2016 1000xt the throttle thumb is painful during long rides. I tried the kolpin throttle accessory but it sticks sometimes and leaves your bike full throttle, very dangerous, also painful after it flips on you climbing up peaks

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have a 2016 1000xt the throttle thumb is painful during long rides. I tried the kolpin throttle accessory but it sticks sometimes and leaves your bike full throttle, very dangerous, also painful after it flips on you climbing up peaks
Thats too bad you had trouble with it.
The handy throttle is the first thing I do to every quad. I hate thumb throttles!
Never had a problem other than my hand slipped and broke mine while climbing over a log this season.
Ran to town and grabbed a new one and headed back out. First time I ever broke one, theyre pretty tough for being plastic.
I wouldnt ride without it.

·
Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
253 Posts
Does the new XT-P have the same Diff lock as the XMR ? How is the heat dissipation , plastics get hot ? That was one of my biggest complaints about my 2016 XMR
It doesn’t have the locking differential like the XMR but of course has the visco lock.
I haven’t had any heating problems on the 2021. That old yellow gen one gets hotter than a two dollar pistol though.

·
Registered
2020 Outlander XMR 1000
1 Posts
Anyone having belt slippage when riding thru basically any water? Seems like on my 2020 outlander xmr 1000 that when I got thru just about any water level my belt slips like crazy. Am I missing any important accessories?

·
Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
253 Posts
Anyone having belt slippage when riding thru basically any water? Seems like on my 2020 outlander xmr 1000 that when I got thru just about any water level my belt slips like crazy. Am I missing any important accessories?
You have a bad seal somewhere that’s letting water it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 XTP and have been looking for a good hard plastic cargo bag for the rear. I'm not finding any with really great reviews. Any suggestions?

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts