Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i have a can-am 400 outlander, it had been unused for 12 month or more due to house fire . The electrics were all turned off , to check it still ran I got it started by attaching a mobile jump starter and it ran fine untill that ran flat. I orderd a new battery , fitted that and it turns over easily and without any problems but wont start . I filled the empty rank with fresh petrol a few weeks ago , it turns over but won't start , occasionally, out of every 20 times I turn it over , 5 or 6 it makes that familiar sound it makes just before it used to start , but the engine will not start , even when I reattach the mobile jump starter unfortunately it will not start . I have the choke pulled out all the way and alternative positions , if I leave the ignition turned on but don't press starter button for a few minutes it sometimes tries to start but won't, the new battery has an extra 39% cranking power than normal batteries , I hope one of you wonderful people might have an 8dea what I should try next as getting desperate. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,789 Posts
You'll want to copy/paste this into the "outlander" sub-forum, but just real quick- you need 3 things for any given engine to start/run: fire, fuel, and compression.

Have you verified fuel is getting to the cylinder? Is the plug sparking?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts