Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 outlander 450. About 1100 miles. Recently I noticed oil seeping from where the front drive shaft leaves the engine. I assume that’s engine oil?

Any idea what it could be and or how to fix it?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
515 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 outlander 450. About 1100 miles. Recently I noticed oil seeping from where the front drive shaft leaves the engine. I assume that’s engine oil?

Any idea what it could be and or how to fix it?

Thanks!!!
I don't have much experience with the 450, but if you check the link below, you can see that your problem lies where the 380-series parts are shown at the bottom.

Reactions: Canyaoutty

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
515 Posts
To me it looks like I need 30-U and 30-Y. Anything else?
380u and 380y you mean right?
That's what it looks like but I can't confirm since I never owned or worked on a 450. When I had a leak in the front diff. on my machine, I replaced the wear ring and the oil seal and that fixed the problem. Hopefully someone with more experience than me with the 450s can chime in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
380u and 380y you mean right?
That's what it looks like but I can't confirm since I never owned or worked on a 450. When I had a leak in the front diff. on my machine, I replaced the wear ring and the oil seal and that fixed the problem. Hopefully someone with more experience than me with the 450s can chime in.

Yea, that’s the part I meant. I bought both of those parts. Going to get after it this weekend. I think it’ll solve my issue

I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yea, that’s the part I meant. I bought both of those parts. Going to get after it this weekend. I think it’ll solve my issue

I really appreciate your help!
You're most welcome. Please let us know how it goes and post pics if you can. It'll help people in the future. Good luck.

Reactions: Canyaoutty
1 - 7 of 7 Posts