Can-Am ATV Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2014 500 XT dps love my little grasshopper ( camo) Love riding and scouting as much as I can hoping to o get out this weekend if it don’t rain!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, Picked up a 16 570 max about 2 weeks ago. First post on this site. So far everything is good ! Waiting on parts to do a complete routine maintenance go through. This site and YouTube is gonna help a lot as this is my first quad. A lot of stuff to take off vs what you go through in maintaining a snowmobile !:smile

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello, Picked up a 16 570 max about 2 weeks ago. First post on this site. So far everything is good ! Waiting on parts to do a complete routine maintenance go through. This site and YouTube is gonna help a lot as this is my first quad. A lot of stuff to take off vs what you go through in maintaining a snowmobile !:smile
Congrats on picking up your machine! You will definitely save on cash if you can work on your 570 yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hallo To all outlander rider.I have a 2014 outlander max,I have a major issue with the DPS ( power steering),just driving along the steering will turn and lock to the left on its own.Loose all control,cross the road toward incomming trafic, ( happen at lease 5 TIME. I contacted BRP they toll me that mechanical and electronic do break down.Just to let you ( all rider ) out there because I beileved somebody will get seriously hurt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all...new outlander owner here.

recently picked up a used 500Xt camo edition with only 140 miles/39 hrs on it with an alpine plough.

I'm on the east coast and got the quad for mainly driveway ploughing/woods riding purposes. It's been a few months and due to the cold I have barely ridden it besides around my neighborhood.

Due to lack of snow it has sat in my garage, but with the extreme cold temps, the batter has already suffered and I've gotten a low volt. warning just yesterday.

I've been planning to do some practical upgrades to it and one of those is the battery.

I've read some online that the biggest debate seems to be agm vs. lithium rather than the standard can-am unit.

Can anyone recommend a good battery option?

I also plan to incorporate a trickle charger to avoid ever having the battery die on me again from sitting too long (which will def. occur again) so recommendations on those as well would be great.

Any actual experience/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thomask; I have a 2010 650 Max Outlander bought in Oct 2010, kept in an unheated Sea-Can, it is still on the original battery. I use low range when plowing snow, it has never had a battery tender on it, When I had my surgery, it sat for 5 months (May - Oct) & started right up when I hit the start button. I am happy with the OEM battery, but if you are going to let yours sit for long periods of time in the winter temps, you probably should put a battery tender on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a 2015 Outlander Max L DPS to replace my 2005 Polaris 500 HO. Street legal 101 hours and 1270 miles. What an upgrade! WOW! Will the OEM CVT Air Intake Pre-Filter for 2016-2018 Can-Am Outlander fit my CVT air intake?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 outlander 500l went into limp mode, with p-code 508.can anybody tell me what might need to be repaired to get hid of p-code 508. THANK YOU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day I have a 2008 500 xt. Can anyone tell me if the 2007 500 xt frame is the same as the 2008 I bent my frame and found a 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
problem solved.had dissconnected a clip at a plug at the carburetor while running winch wires to the battery. after several rides the plug failed to make connection which caused the p-508 code to come up.plugged back in and 508 code disappeared.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts