Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with a 2020 Outlander 570 XT picked it up yesterday. But now I have another question I can't find a clear answer in the manual. How long should I break it in before the first oil change? And do I need to do anything at that time other than change engine oil ?

·
The Enforcer
10,147 Posts
I started adding the Schaeffers moly to my transmission when I did my first oil change and my trans shifts easier ever since

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i would do the engine at 10 hrs then again at 30hrs. i would do the tranny and both diffs at 15 to 20hrs.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I started adding the Schaeffers moly to my transmission when I did my first oil change and my trans shifts easier ever since
Heres is one of the old school guys i have not seen post here in a very very long time! you still riding? ever talk to quadaholic or Outlandish ? about 10 years ago i met him and Outlandish out in Utah to ride the piaute trail, we kept in contact for a bit but its been a few years since i have seen him on here or talk to him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Early and often - never hurts, but does it help? Probably not. Today's engines with advanced oils, most everything else will wear and fail before the engine becomes the reason to park it behind the shed and leave it to your grand children to restore to something that rolls or to cart off to the landfill.

I have a 1983 XR350 that I cannot even buy a wheel spoke to replace a single broken spoke. I had to buy an entire wheel from a salvage yard in Florida. A $125 used wheel to get a dollar spoke, WTF?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts