Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 650 MAX XT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the weirdest problem ever on my Outlander 2020. It stayed outside on the rain all night (happens only when I’m away riding, but it’s an ATV, right?), and in the morning, on the first ride, at some point during the ride, it started (watch this), to pull the winch on it’s own! I haven’t really noticed that, and after some time, ATV just died, shut down. Started showing bunch of errors and faults so I figured winch was spinning for so long it dried the battery.
Managed to disconnect the winch directly and start the engine, but it still has some weird clicks and clacks (turning on relays on it’s own).
Can’t wait to see what Can Am will say, and will they replace the winch (I can see that it broke some screw on it)

Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 650 MAX XT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really do hope it's the switch itself, but since it's all still under the warranty, I couldn't take things apart and figure out. Took the ATV in this morning and they didn't seem surprised to see the winch all rolled inside, but if the winch died from all that spinning, they are not sure if they will replace it under the warranty, they said they'll call me this week.

One lesson learned, try not to leave your, all weather, ATV outside in the rain for too long, try and cover at least the controls + display when possible.

Unless the contactor itself somehow failed, but it's usually tucked away safe from rain.
Where would the contactor be? Somewhere under the 'hood' behind the radiator I figured?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts