Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I have a 2008 Outlander 650. It has about 3k miles on it and has been a great machine.

Recently, when I go to start it, the check engine light comes on and nothing happens when you push the start button.

If I turn the key off, then back on, the light is gone and it starts right up. I can literally do this sequence over and over and over. It's every other time! Like clockwork.

The machine runs perfect after started and no other issues. I guess I could just keep turning the key off and then back on everytime I want to start it, but I'd like to get the issue resolved. Any ideas?

Trying to avoid a costly dealership repair bill. Any help would be appreciated.

Also,... I badly need a new key for it, is that a dealer only thing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not saying anything about the key. Just the engine light in the top left of display is on when it won't start. Start button does nothing. When I turn it off and then on, light is off and it starts right up.

·
Registered
745 Posts
first thing i would do is go through every connection and make sure they are not green and put some dielectric grease in every connection... After that i would just pay a dealer to hook it up to the computer and see what the issue is. will save alot of time and trouble and replacing random parts on your end

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately not saying anything about the key. Just the engine light in the top left of display is on when it won't start. Start button does nothing. When I turn it off and then on, light is off and it starts right up.
Do as Bonzo says. It's the fix.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,359 Posts
'nother vote for Ignition switch...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts