Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HMF slip on exhaust and snorkels was wondering if an HMF optimizer would change anything or is not worth the extra money. And if i got a set of drop in cams would it be best to purchase one?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
U need one now, your drawing more air in and have a slipon which will let exhaust flow more freely, your engine is probably run real lean, if u got cams there would be no way around one.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Also may depend on the year model 800 you have. I don't have any proof or A/F numbers, but I thought I read that the older 800's (06-08) ran a little rich and a good exhaust and filter got it just about right. And the newer ones, the 800r's (09-present) are about right from the factory and exhaust and filter make them run dangerously lean in the mid range rpm. I could be wrong though, someone will chime in and confirm.

With the addition of cams, yes. You will need some sort of programmer to adjust your a/f ratio for the new cams.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've been running snorkels, uni air filter, and aftermarket exhaust for years on my '07 800 with no issues.

I believe the next upgrade before cams would be the '09+ intake and airbox with a fuel programmer. I would call Jeff Ross with the BOM racing and ask him though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Outlander 800 HMF Optimizer Dobeck

Hey guys, I see a few of you may be considering getting one of these. I just posted on in the Classifieds section for $150 Brand new. It's a BRAND NEW Bombardier Outlander 800 Dobeck HMF Optimizer. Sold the ATV years ago and this has been in my garage since then. New ones on Ebay are 275. Give me a call 843-270-9407 or email [email protected]. Pictures attached here and they are also in Classifieds section of the forum under performance parts.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts