Can-Am ATV Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2563 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i love my outlander i have an o7 that runs great going to get a new one next month does any one have a copy of the service manual
thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
i love my outlander i have an o7 that runs great going to get a new one next month does any one have a copy of the service manual
thanks
I found Youtube very helpfull, many movies on there that helped me servicing mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 2006 outlander max 800 for 5 years. Great bike she has crutchfield shocks snorkeled rad relocated on 28 mega mayhem hmf penlend pro slip on. Last labor day got 9 miles in to the ride the trans stopped working

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I bought my first quad after 27 years and picked my self up a 08 outlander 800 xt. It had a few issues but I dropped it off at my local atv shop and they did a full service on it as well as replaced parts like primary clutch, ball joints, cv boots and odds and ends like that. The weekend i brought it home I gave it a quick run and the limp home mode activated. In this first case I pulled the air box apart and it was full of squirrel nest material. Cleaned it out, ran fine, dropped off at shop. Got.it back. Now the Limp mode comes on more often than not. I can shut the machine down immediately when it comes on and fore it back up less than a minute later and it runs fine depending how hard I ride it contributes to.how soon it comes back on. I just put plugs in it today (NGK) and it still does it. Almost seems like it's choking for fuel. It will sputter loose power and then all of a sudden run fine then act up again. When you turn the key just to on you can hear the fuel pump prime it's self. If I run it hard enough the fan does come on and keeps it from over heating. I'm looking for some Insight that maybe some of you have been through any fuel/limp mode issues. Thanks in advance!

2008 outlander 800 xt camo
4800miles
New plugs
New clutch
New air filter and pre filter
Lots of new suspension components.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sold mine 800R Max yesterday

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the forum and will have plenty of questions as I am learning to service these bad boys myself!

2007 Can Am Outlander 800

2014 Can Am Outlander 800 Max XT

After havin arctic cats and kawasaki machines, I can say Can Am is the best! (And maybe a little more expensive). No regrets 👍👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
2007 Max 800. Purchased last year. Been great so far. Only issue is that it is slipping out of gear occasionally, otherwise a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just bought my first can am atv a few months ago, a 2015 800r xt with 700kms on it. I run hard mud all the time and I couldn’t be happier with how it performs. I added the can am radiator relocation kit, full snorkel kit, yoshimura slip on, wrap around hand guards, aluminum foot pegs, XMR suspension, as well as 30x11 inch silverbacks all around from my old machine with new STI HD3 wheels, LED pods, 1 inch handlebar riser clamps, and I made and bedlinered some pvc storage tubes on the front rack. It sounds amazing and still has tons of power even with the 30s. Don’t think I’ll ever be riding anything but a can am from now on. Hope to have some good times on it this season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 800 xt

Powerful ride, lot's of fun! So far only issues are Rad Cleaning access and a Speedo that goes crazy every once and a while on long rides. Researching the latter it looks like it could be the speed sensor in the gearbox but still need to check it out. Happy to see lots of thoughts and opinions here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 xt

Lets see how many of us we have here. If you have one or are going to be buying one......

I have a non XT with Bomb bumpers, CV guards
I just purchased a 2014 800r XT riding season here in Massachusetts just legally opened May 1st so I haven't put many miles on yet, but I love it so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess it would be bad manners for me to make my first post anywhere other than here.

I recently purchased a 2015 Outty XMR 800 from the original owner who never rode it. I got what I feel like was the deal of the year and have been having a great time on it ever since.

Thanks to all the guys on this site that constantly drop knowledge nuggets to noobs like me, so I can continue to work on/upgrade my bike in my garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. New to the site & had a quick question. I've got a universal joint that needs replacing & was wondering if ANY of the bolts around it are reverse threaded. It's a 06 800 bombardier outlander xt

2521 - 2540 of 2563 Posts