Can-Am ATV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just slapped some 30" cryptids on. More trimming to do....

Also, recently tore my right rear cv boot. Kit arrives today. Going to be a process. I've never done a CV boot. Hope I ordered the right tools for the boot clamp.

·
Registered
584 Posts
They got some work this weekend!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have always been a Honda ATV guy. Yep, a Big Red 3 wheeler, two Rincons, and a Rubicon. I decided to break rank from being a Honda guy, sold my 2016 Rincon and bought my first Can Am four wheeler all in the past week. I bought a 2018 Outlander Max XT 850. Bought it from a dealer, slightly used with only 62 miles and 12 hours on it. Time will tell if it sticks. Powerful machine, but definitely different from a Honda. My first negative about it was the heat the machine puts off on your legs while riding. My wife did not like the heat for sure. I will try some of the recomended modifications.
CanAmATV.jpg

·
Registered
584 Posts
XMR heat shield on the header pipe on the left side, heat tape on underside of cowling, and a tuner or PCM flash. 850 is a good machine! If you’re looking to rip your arms off get a CVTECH primary clutch ($600) and she will REALLY scream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
It “boxes”’in the existing heat shield seen here. Basically a long L shaped heat shield you have to shimmy in and secure with hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like you bought the same machine I recently bought. Have you had any issues with heat (on your legs) while riding yours?
Yes, I have the same heat issues. The heat from mine actually melted the bump stop on the rear shock on the side nearest to the exhaust. I took it back to the dealer and they did a a heat wrap on the exhaust and replaced the shock. All covered under warranty. It appears to have fixed the issue with the shock, but still puts off a lot of heat. My wife and I typically ride in boots so its not much of an issue for us, but there would definitely be no riding in shorts on this machine. From everything I have read a ECU flash is the best fix so it doesn't run so lean, but I haven't decided to try that yet. Maybe when warranty runs out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here you go... Let´s see how many have the 850.
Bought mt 2020 XT 2 weeks ago.
Finally got the 10 hour break in period completed this things gonna run like a raped ape!

Iron Gray Octane Blue what a cool paint scheme. Considered the Mossy edition until seen this one.

Know there is a break in period for the belt but noticing after long running periods slight squeal of belt upon initial throttle application? Is this normal when does it not be normal?

Anyone else noticing with 2020 Outlanders?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 2019 Outlander DPS 850, mostly because I loved the color and so I could build it the way I wanted to instead of buying an xmr or xt. My only problem is the heat issue but mine is actually burning my leg when I ride so I took it into the shop this week to see what they can do. It is getting hot enough the plastic is starting to make funny smells like its starting to melt. Could also be the hair on my leg....not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a 2019 Outlander DPS 850, mostly because I loved the color and so I could build it the way I wanted to instead of buying an xmr or xt. My only problem is the heat issue but mine is actually burning my leg when I ride so I took it into the shop this week to see what they can do. It is getting hot enough the plastic is starting to make funny smells like its starting to melt. Could also be the hair on my leg....not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a 2016 max xt and have had nothing but problems. Also own a 2016 650 max xt with 2200 miles and both meticulously cared for now has a bad cooling fan motor! Junk!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Keep an eye on the rear diff seal guys.... These rear diffs are NOT properly shimmed and some of the XMRs have drive shaft phasing issues.

I opted to upgrade to a mud n wheels diff so that the shimming is correct. Really sad that CANAM hasn't addressed the rear diff lashing and drive shaft phase issues. Appears the 2019's have weak axles too.

I got 1800 miles out of my rear diff. Filled er full of water.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 MaxXT 850 here... these bikes run hot! I find myself having to ride with my legs out wide... and need to stand periodically due to the heat on my genital area... is there a solution for this? Other then that i love the bike and have put it through some really difficult technical trails and rock climbs, the bike performs beautifully... its just the heat issue thats a drawback!

Thanks in advance!

Gerrit

·
Registered
5 Posts
hay whats the ride like on the xtp
with those shocks
is it to stiff
thinking about getting one and just wondering how the ride is compaired to the stock xt 850 would be
wondering if the extra money is worth it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Everyone,
New Can-Am Forum member here! I ordered a 2020 Can-Am Max XT 850 Camo on July1 and received it on September 26. I took the Max to northern Michigan this past weekend and road approximately 80 miles on state trails. I still cannot believe how nice and smooth the Max rides. Not only does the machine have a lot of power, the ride is unbelievably comfortable. Riding my old ATV I would tense up and hold on tight when hitting ruts and holes in the trail but with the Max it floats across them. Love the Can-Am and hope to have many years of enjoyment on it. Definitely looking forward to learning on this forum and I hope to contribute when I can.
2020 Max.jpg

121 - 140 of 181 Posts