Can-Am ATV Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked this 850 up end of Sept. Live on a ranch in the Lower Hells Canyon country of Idaho and quads are the main transportation. Been a Polaris guy for many years but got tired of constant break downs with the newer models.

So far very satisfied with the performance and have only one complaint. The machine is quite noisy and more so when warm. It's a squeal like a fan belt noise on a car. Comes and goes. Maybe it's a CanAm thing. Could be the drive belt.

Any one notice the same? Any one going to install tracks and if so which set do you prefer? The only extras are the winch and the rear rack

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2016 can am outlander 850 xt. Been a polaris guy so this is a big change to me, looking forward to all the power this machine has

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Which lights? The halos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The halos... I have the same bike as you ( same year and colour) and love the red halos you have

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks.
Look up far mudding. Good product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is a great machine, lots of power . A little hot in the summer , but I am slowly getting that rectified.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It is a great machine, lots of power . A little hot in the summer , but I am slowly getting that rectified.
they are great, as long as you keep up the maintenance. Yes they do run a little hot.

I have had the ecu flashed to help, installed some xmr heat sheilds, and just recently installed the 2020 front arch wheel pannels with air intakes. I have not been able to ride it on a long trip since I installed the wheel arches.

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
108 Posts
I’m looking to purchase a new outlander max, anyone here in the 850 thread wish they got the 1000?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not me. My 850 does just fine and it doesn't run as hot as the 1000's.

850 with a cv tech primary and an ECU flash makes it a complete monster if you ask me. (I have both, including the maverick belt and other goodies). I run 30" cryptids as well.

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
108 Posts
Not me. My 850 does just fine and it doesn't run as hot as the 1000's.

850 with a cv tech primary and an ECU flash makes it a complete monster if you ask me. (I have both, including the maverick belt and other goodies). I run 30" cryptids as well.
decisions decisions..... were you happy with the 850 before you put those mods on it. Between the ecu flash and the primary you are more than halfway to the 1000

·
Registered
584 Posts
decisions decisions..... were you happy with the 850 before you put those mods on it. Between the ecu flash and the primary you are more than halfway to the 1000
Yes, I was still happy with it. The 850 is a powerful engine for sure.

The ECU and primary was around 1k with the puller. I don't know the price difference between a 1000 and an 850. But what I will say is that mine isn't melting plastics like the 1000 is. My nephew i-law got a 1000 and says it gets flipping hot. Crazy power, but hot.

The other noticeable mod I did was putting fox podium shock/springs on. NIGHT and day difference in suspension. I'd HIGHLY recommend them if you do go the 850 route. The stock 850 shocks are junk. The springs are good, but the shocks are total trash. So plan that into your 850 total at the very least. I got them for way cheaper than they are now. The price jacked up on them recently, glad I got them before that happened....

141 - 160 of 181 Posts