Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to replace the reflectors on the back of my new outlander and i did some looking on the web. Found these led lights that fit perfectly in the exsisting hole. Only mod work i needed was to hole saw out the center for the base of the light to slide through. I installed the switch on the piece right below the handle bars. Their perfect for navigating trails in the dark when having to turn around it tight thick treed ares also good for hooking uo a trailer or winch cable. I pulled my rear rack off and black center plastic under the rack so i could route my wires neatly and in a protected area. Also fused the wiring as well for unforseen wiring issues. over all im pretty happy with the out come!! Also added H.I.D lights for incredible lighting with the new outlanders dual bulb 240 watt lighting system. Really throws the light!!

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice where did you get them do you have a link please

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice!

Do you have the specific brand / model number of the lights you used? Where did you get them and how much were they?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Very nice! As everyone else asked....brand/model?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
genrightoffroad.com i belive they were around $50.00 their fully sealed and waterproof.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is an awesome idea, been thinking about doing this as well. Where did you splice into the system for power? I was thinking there may be a way to add a micro switch on the shifter to only turn on when actually in reverse, and splice into the headlight power supply so they only turn on when your headlights are on.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is an awesome idea, been thinking about doing this as well. Where did you splice into the system for power? I was thinking there may be a way to add a micro switch on the shifter to only turn on when actually in reverse, and splice into the headlight power supply so they only turn on when your headlights are on.

I have actually seen that online somwhere... Can't remember the site, surely I was linked to it from here though. It was on a Gen1 Outlander.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my power from the battery. I initially wanted to work them so they would come on in reverse but I figured this was the easiest way of doing so. One I didn't have to chop into my wiring and two I have the ability to turn them on when ever, so if I need light behind me when hooking something up. Idk if I'd wire them in sync with the head lights cause if u have ppl riding behind you, you would prolly wanna have them off. I also had a momentary switch that I was gonna mount in the shifter area that it would contact when in reverse. I had a touch pad type switch that's used to release the glass on a lift gate on a car cause it requires very little pressure to function. But either way they work great. And as I said they fit perfectly and 100% water proof.

Reactions: FrenchMike

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
466 Posts
I did a mod to my motorcycle a couple of years ago where I removed the rear directionals and installed a integrated tail light.

Just figured I'd mention this company as they may be able to produce something for anyone interested in the reverse light mods.

http://www.customled.com/

I've been very happy with their product.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts