Can-Am ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
A dealership called me saying they were going to be receiving an XTP 850 within 1-2 weeks. that was July 26. Still no ETA on when its coming in other then they should of received it a month ago though the sales person hasn't been keeping in touch and hasn't provided any updates unless I call and manage to get a hold of him. (pretty annoying truthfully)

I also got told I could expect a January delivery date on a 2022 if I ordered one now. (by a different dealer)

·
Registered
2021 650 Max XT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Received the call today the toy has arrived will be ready for pick up on Thursday or Friday Can't wait!!

·
Registered
2022 Outlander 850 XT ordered 😉
241 Posts
Received the call today the toy has arrived will be ready for pick up on Thursday or Friday Can't wait!!
2021 or 2022 ?
I guess it’s a 2021 😎
Enjoy 😉

·
Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
1,113 Posts
Got a call today as well arrived at dealer. Now to wait for them to prep
Congratulations guys! Be sure to post photos when you get your hands on 'em.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
1,113 Posts
Just picked mine up on the 10th.
Putting it to good use already I see. Well done well done. That's the right way. Enjoy camping and riding.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Putting it to good use already I see. Well done well done. That's the right way. Enjoy camping and riding.

Yeap i picked it up from the dealership and was off on a 3 hour drive to my camping trip. I was hoping to get it in before my trip so i could break in the belt at the least but it worked out pretty good as the trails were fairly technical and required you to drive slowly due to large rocks and hairpin turns.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeap i picked it up from the dealership and was off on a 3 hour drive to my camping trip. I was hoping to get it in before my trip so i could break in the belt at the least but it worked out pretty good as the trails were fairly technical and required you to drive slowly due to large rocks and hairpin turns.
You guys are making me getting anxious to receive mine 🤪😃

·
Registered
1 Posts
I already have a 2021 Outlander 450 DPS. At the beginning of August I ordered a 2022 Outlander 650 Max XT. At the time they told me it would be October or November before it arrived. A month later I called and upgraded to the blue 850 Max XT for $800 extra. They just called me and said they got a confirmed delivery date for the 850 around October 1st. We will see!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I already have a 2021 Outlander 450 DPS. At the beginning of August I ordered a 2022 Outlander 650 Max XT. At the time they told me it would be October or November before it arrived. A month later I called and upgraded to the blue 850 Max XT for $800 extra. They just called me and said they got a confirmed delivery date for the 850 around October 1st. We will see!
Interesting I ordered a blue Outlander 850 XT the second day they were officially released on august 11th.
Will do a little follow-up also
Take care !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a blu 850 max xt the day the 22’s were released and was told a November delivery. I wonder if it is like car dealerships where they have a certain allocation based on previous sales.

·
Registered
2021 650 Max XT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I ordered a blu 850 max xt the day the 22’s were released and was told a November delivery. I wonder if it is like car dealerships where they have a certain allocation based on previous sales.
From my understanding that is exactly how it is, the units are assigned to the dealer and dealer controls who the unit goes to based on their list of customers who have ordered.

·
Registered
241 Posts
From my understanding that is exactly how it is, the units are assigned to the dealer and dealer controls who the unit goes to based on their list of customers who have ordered.
I can confirm !!
Just did a follow up with my dealer and schedule is end of october beginning of november .
Hopefully it won't change 😳

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
52 Posts
The 850 xtp that I'm waiting on was originally ordered back in January 21. That guy backed out so I put a hefty deposit down because I was told it would ship 8/10/21 with delivery expected on 8/20/21. Not only did this not happen but no one called to tell me. Now im being told 8/28 which was yesterday but who knows. When I called the dealer he said he's waiting to hear back if 8/28 is the delivery date or ship date and he was going to request tracking and would call me back in 1 hour. Of course I never heard back.

I really don't want to be a pain in the back side BUT when I'm told a date I expect at the minimum a courtesy call saying it's been delayed but I guess that too much to ask. I called back again and spoke to a different sales guy and he said nope 9/28. Yea I was slightly upset and just want to know the truth. Is this a game the dealers play to get a deposit? Do they really not know when they will ship? Are they really being told one date then CA is changing it?? It's a pretty shady way to do busines. I completely understand there was a fire in July but when I was told 8/10 it was well after that fire. I certainly don't mind waiting but to continue to give dates that aren't real is complete BS in my book!!! This is my first Can-Am but have had a multitude of other ORVs and understand the current climate but that's still NO excuse! I hope they get it together real soon and stop treating their customers this way. Don't even have the bike yet and already a super bad taste in my mouth. I hope your experience is much better then mine.

Cheers,

The wait is so so worth it. Coming from the sport bike world and always looking at the 4x4s as some sort of farm implement I must say......I was wrong. Im sure the technology has improved over the years but holy cow. This thing is AMAZING. Power for days! It's like the more you give it, the more it asks for. In my neck of the woods this bike is MORE then just enough. Yup, I'll be in "Work" mode for a while. Cheers!
Plant Tire Water Vehicle Automotive tire

41 - 60 of 61 Posts