·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an outlander 850 xtp in dec/19
It had eco/normal/sport
I very rarely used sport because unless I was actin out more than normal lol
Loved eco mode for plowing, and taking my kids for a ride, bumpy trails etc
The eco mode seemed to almost have a delay in the throttle response, and acted like my old Honda 300, ie: wouldn’t spin the tires even if you mashed the throttle
I found it steadied the throttle on bumpy trails because of the delay or slowed reaction

but then!
I took bike in for its first service, when I picked it up it said it was in “work” mode
At first I questioned if it had something to do with being worked on, they looked at me like I had 2 heads,
Best they could tell me was when they plug it in, it updates software.
I figured it just changed the name but it acts very different
It isn’t as smooth as eco, and is speed governed to 70km/h
I had the wife on back and had to switch it to normal because I couldn’t keep up to my buddies doing close to 80

from what I read online the defender has work/normal/eco
Outlander xxc, sounds like it has eco/normal/sport
So I’m wondering if my xtp possibly was pdi’ed as an xxc and that’s how I ended up with eco
And when they serviced it they plugged it in as an xtp which swapped my eco for work mode

long story short, I’ve been a Honda man my whole life but my first machine I’ve ever bought brand new is a canam, and I really couldn’t find any flaws in it until I took it in for its first service and they took away my eco mode and had no idea what I was talking about

anyone else have any say on the iTC modes?

·
Registered
389 Posts
If your dealer does not have a clue about the eco mode then find a new dealer. Or get on the phone with can am

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent an email to canam, explained situation, and they referred me back to talking to dealer, so if they are not able to resolve, I will Have to try to higher up.

I think the dash cluster and iTC is new for 2020, and I’m assuming it was a mistake that my xtp had the eco mode, but I fell in love with the way it worked for the first 6 months and then they took it away from me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts