Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice review. Canam makes the quads for the masses they cant wrap the exhaust becaus not everynody rides dry land. Wrap can also be purchased in most bike shops so thats not a problem. If you wanted better front shocks you should have went for xtp model and if you do not plan to use the inboard compressor very often then you are with the wrong quad. Gearbox noise can be fixed with ws2, search the forum. You can also find a thread posted by rocketreid, our bang bang guy :) he has the same quad and has already been through more issues. Remember to check your brake pads after few hundred miles.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Nice write up. I posted in the comments there. :)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Good review! The noise is from the CVT. The stock clutches make that noise. It is normal. Spring spacers will help stiffen up the front shocks. It is a cheap and easy fix, at least until you decide on an aftermarket shock. As for the code, you will need to take it into the dealer for that. It is hard to say what it is without more info. Should be covered under warranty tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomasbrp, we definitely didn't have a problem wrapping our exhaust, as I'm pretty sure I said in my review. We have things like heat wrap on hand since we own 3 different sport quads. If you read any of my other posts you'll also find that we use the air shocks all the time. We debated over the XTP model, but decided that the air shocks would be more than worth having to purchase aftermarket shocks later. My review wasn't so much looking for help with the problems on our quad, as to point them out to others who might be looking to purchase.

TNRon, Thanks so much for your comments. They made my day. First comments on this new blog. :)

Poseidon, Austin spent a day crawling around under our four wheeler and stiffened up the front shocks some. Perhaps next year (hopefully we will get to go on a trip to hit the Hatfield McCoy trails, and hopefully before then) we will be able to get some aftermarket front shocks. I'm sure we will be loading it up to take to the dealer soon. Unfortunately for us, our dealer is a couple hours away.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You are going to love riding at Hatfield McCoy trails! Hope the wait isn't to long for you. Good luck with the trip to the dealer. Before making that 2 hour haul, try checking battery connections and grounds. Loose connections can cause all kinds of problems on these bikes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ya the clunk noise in the clutch our dealer calls the Can Am Clunk totally normally its the helix in the clutch, ive learned to live with it :) they all do it when i heard it the first time the dealer let me drive 2 others in the lot same thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts