Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Outlander 450 2015
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Tried to read all the old posts since it seems like a common fault on Can-Ams. None of the old ones could help me so I try with a new post.

I have a 2015 Outlander 450 L EFI.
Earlier this year I had to change my ignition lock since it was broke (sometimes I could take out the key and the engine kept running).
After changing the ignition lock the message "transmission signal fault" showed in the display.

The first problem is that nothing happens when i press the button on the LCD.display to try and find the faultcode. Its like the button dosent work. I havent tried the button for a few years so it could have broke a long time ago. Or it has to do with this problem.

I tried to locate any Transmission sensor on the blueprints/explosion drawing but cant find any. i figured one of these three could be the one?

Anyone have any clues? It runs normal except for the faultmessage. I almost always drive on H and 2wd on gravelroads and never offroad.

Thanks in advance from Northern Europe
ATV1.jpg

Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
Welcome to the site! Always appreciate hearing from the international crowd (y) 馃嵒

I tried to locate any Transmission sensor on the blueprints/explosion drawing but cant find any.
Neither could I, aggravating parts catalog :mad:

That said, from the layout of all the other BRP products I'm familiar with, the sensor circled at 3 is your crank position sensor. The one you circled at noon/11:30 is the oil pressure sensor. That leaves the one you circled at 9 your gearbox position sensor

I'm a little curious as to the timing of the "failure", being so coincidental with the ignition switch going out, but I suppose stranger things have happened....

Edit- nope, 9 o'clock is the VSS... hmm...

Registered
Outlander 450 2015
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BB and thanks for answering

Yep, the left one seems to be the Vss, the connector is triangular so it seems correct.

I have also my thoughts about this problem occuring after the braekdown of the switch. The battery was drained so I had to charge it first and then this problem showed.

Everything works so I can drive but its annoying..

Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes? See if it's an old message that just needs a chance to reset

1 - 4 of 4 Posts