Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an xt differential bolt in place of the xmr diff? Or is there no difference. I ordered a new rear driveshaft and it doesn’t seem to fit on the diff that is on my xmr now.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
367 Posts
Will an xt differential bolt in place of the xmr diff? Or is there no difference. I ordered a new rear driveshaft and it doesn’t seem to fit on the diff that is on my xmr now.
I imagine so but the XMR diff is built a bit heavier than the XT diff. If I put an XT diff in my machine i am sure i would grenade it first time out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response FreeWill. I was just checking. I also have a 2012 can am outlander 1000 xt. Both bikes are set up identical 30in silver backs, no lift or anything to cause it to wear faster (other than always being on the throttle).
I see that the xmr diff is stronger. But I don’t see how the xt diff in the 1000 wouldn’t be good in the 800r xmr. The diff seems to need a rebuild and I was looking to put a non xmr diff in it until I can get the xmr diff rebuilt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question. Is the xmr rear driveshaft/propeller different from a non xmr?

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
367 Posts
Another question. Is the xmr rear driveshaft/propeller different from a non xmr?
Not that I am aware of. But maybe someone else here has been down that road. Or get the part numbers for both and see if the numbers are the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not that I am aware of. But maybe someone else here has been down that road. Or get the part numbers for both and see if the numbers are the same.
I’ve been comparing parts and numbers. I just can’t wrap my head around it. I was kind of hoping someone else went down that road like you said.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,811 Posts

Pretty sure your answers are in those next few posts (y)

Reactions: Freewill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Pretty sure your answers are in those next few posts (y)
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and called the local can and dealership and they confirmed that the 800r xmr does have a shorter drive shaft. The same shaft everyone uses for the xmr diff conversion.
also you can put a non xmr diff on an xmr. But you have to get the non xmr driveshaft for that. Which is standard length. Found on a xt for instance. Good to know for future reference.
the only issue with having an xmr is when stuff breaks it gets expensive quicker. The shortened driveshaft is $300 itself. Lol
Gotta pay to play 😎

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,811 Posts
Reactions: DaveB
1 - 9 of 9 Posts