Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just joined the fourm, i have just sold my 2013 polaris 850 xps, i only use my machine for ice fishing in canada, i am ordering a 2015 outlander xt, where i fish its always below 0 degres, any tips for starting in cold ?? have you guys had any problems with cold weather starts ??? thats why i got rid of my polaris, just want a reliable machine, thanks in advance..any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated, happy to be joining the can am outlander family

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hand warmers! They will be your best friend in that kind of weather

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
just joined the fourm, i have just sold my 2013 polaris 850 xps, i only use my machine for ice fishing in canada, i am ordering a 2015 outlander xt, where i fish its always below 0 degres, any tips for starting in cold ?? have you guys had any problems with cold weather starts ??? thats why i got rid of my polaris, just want a reliable machine, thanks in advance..any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated, happy to be joining the can am outlander family
if its not stored in warm garage an oil pan heater is always a good idea, other then that the obvious let it warm up real good

·
Registered
39 Posts
I leave my poor machine outside all winter in Alberta in the mountains, I find it has always fired up fine. I always leave the fuel full and with gasline antifreeze in it. Synthetics always. Straight antifreeze. I have no doubt that an oil pan heater is a great idea too. Keeping the battery inside is easy foolproofing too. And obviously make sure you let it warm up fully (fan kicks on) and try to beat out as much of the snow from the driveline as you can before you park it. Youll have a very unhappy machine if the first thing it has to do is break the tires free from the wheelwells. Ride on/ Fish on!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts