Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name leaves a little to be desired haha. 1/2 way through the mock up for the 650+ rack and renegade XMR bumper. I’ve been wanting to do this bumper for over a year real bad. It came out (IMO) perfectly and better than I imagined it would. I know it won’t be for everyone, but I personally love it. I think the exhaust end caps will be going back to black and the arms matched to the bumper.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,568 Posts
Full disclosure: I love everything about this bike/build. I mean, you're certifiably nuts, for sinking that much time/money into "just" a single-popper, but if we were all the same, the world would sure be a boring place....

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 11.21.28 AM.png

You gonna send that thing to Grind Hard Plumbing, next? :p

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I've heard that a time or two haha. Its pretty well known throughout my friends and the community where I live that Ive got a thing for taking something that serves a completely unrelated purpose and making something cool (atleast I think so) with it. I like welding and fabricating and am self taught so I do it for fun and get better at it the more I do it like anything else, so I use anything as an excuse to fab something and have been the last 10 years or so, but I was raised around cars and bikes. I bought a black 2wd kia sorento for $1000 from my uncle in 2012 I think, and put a motor in it. I ended up installing a 2" coil spacer lift, debadged it, blacked the stock wheels out, and had huge alpinestars decals on the rear side glass on each side (I was in my early 20s :/). People to this day will see me somewhere and after talking a minute will say "you used to have that jacked up kia right?" It had 33 12.50 mickey thompson mud tires lol. obviously I had to cut the hell out of it to fit them and still turn, but it was very subtle how I did it and without flares and got a ton of compliments. Most people couldnt figure out what it was. I have to remind my wife constantly that I cant ignore the visions I have to modify something haha. She absolutely does not like that I have more money in that thing than we paid for it and has remarked that we should have just bought a 1000 like I initially wanted, but now Im glad I didnt. Im extremely excited to finish this short lived stage and take it riding and couldnt be happier with how its coming together. Id much rather have this bike with the 450 motor in it for a little longer with all the work Ive put into than spent the same amount of money in a completely stock bike that would have drove me nuts. I literally can not stop myself from modifying anything if its within reach and I think I can modify it, it eats at me until I do it lol.

As for the car, Im actually looking to get a new one Ive been trying to find one jacked up with real suspension, bluetooth and speakers and real rubber tires. That car and her other 4wheeler when she was younger were both 20V dewalt modified since the day we got them home. The side by side is now Hilti 22V which puts out 24V oddly enough. I have request constantly to convert them for friends or friends of friends that have heard about what I do to everything.

Hopefully not too much longer until I can talk her into the motor swap but it will be a minute, considering it has a good bit of money in clutching and fuel management that is not transferable. The alternative was putting a stock vtwin motor with stock clutching and no budget left to do what I wanted. Atleast this way I have the bike Ive designed in my head with a built ready to go platform when I can do the swap. I appreciate the compliments Im very proud of this rascal and where its going.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
268 Posts
Wow,
Would you adopt a 75year old, I am toilet trained and don't talk much.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
268 Posts
Oh yes, I love the bumper, it looks like a big grin for the riders easting your dust.

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow,
Would you adopt a 75year old, I am toilet trained and don't talk much.
Haha idk, from what I hear when the pups get up in age they tend to exhibit signs of regression in the potty department 😃

Reactions: Freewill and Tozguy

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 450
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple more progress pics. Still narrowing down the end result for the front, but it won’t have a full front rack. Those fender lines look too good to be covered up. Now that last pic I’ve gotten in trouble in the past believe it or not. This time I should be ok, since before she specifically stated to stop baking my gun parts. Those are not gun parts 🤷🏻‍♂️😃

Reactions: BombardierBomb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts