Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Newbie in PHX, AZ. Picking up 2 Outlander Max. Anyone with similar load theses into a toy hauler and side by side? Looking to balance garage space with living space.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Outlander 400 Max
22 Posts
It is going to depend on your model of toy hauler. I have not put them in mine yet, but on my 8 foot wide flat bed trailer, they fit side by side. Do you have a toy hauler with a sperate garage or an open floor plan where the dining benches fold flat against the walls? If a garage, they should fit no problem. Open floor plan, you will need to measure the distance from the cabinets to the back of the trailer to see if you have enough room. You are going to need 8 feet of length to be safe. You need some extra room to tie it down and not have it rub against the cabinet. Same for the back against the ramp. If not, then you will have to go inline.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is going to depend on your model of toy hauler. I have not put them in mine yet, but on my 8 foot wide flat bed trailer, they fit side by side. Do you have a toy hauler with a sperate garage or an open floor plan where the dining benches fold flat against the walls? If a garage, they should fit no problem. Open floor plan, you will need to measure the distance from the cabinets to the back of the trailer to see if you have enough room. You are going to need 8 feet of length to be safe. You need some extra room to tie it down and not have it rub against the cabinet. Same for the back against the ramp. If not, then you will have to go inline.
Thanks Dan. So far we have limited availability (everyone does) of trailers. What kind of trailer do you have that is 8ft? The widest utility trailer I can get is 83in between the rails. So side by side won’t work.
As for toy hauler, I’m looking at Grand Designs with separate garage. The 398 has an 18 ft garage which will work for the the two Outlanders bumper to bumper. But I have a kids RZR 170. I don’t know the interior dimensions (may have to go to a dealer and measure myself (if I can find one) . It seems that they are less than 96in wide, so putting the Outlanders side by side may not be possible.

Thanks again

·
Registered
59 Posts
two should fit side by side if garage is long enoungh. You can also put one forward and one back to gain an inch or two width wise.

·
Registered
2005 Outlander 400 Max
22 Posts
Thanks Dan. So far we have limited availability (everyone does) of trailers. What kind of trailer do you have that is 8ft? The widest utility trailer I can get is 83in between the rails. So side by side won’t work.
As for toy hauler, I’m looking at Grand Designs with separate garage. The 398 has an 18 ft garage which will work for the the two Outlanders bumper to bumper. But I have a kids RZR 170. I don’t know the interior dimensions (may have to go to a dealer and measure myself (if I can find one) . It seems that they are less than 96in wide, so putting the Outlanders side by side may not be possible.

Thanks again

My flatbed trailer it a Triton snowmobile trailer. The deck is 8 feet wide and 10 feet long I have portable ramps from Discount Ramps to get them on and off. Depending on what model you get, they can have a ramp on the rear and front ramps that fold up and down. For side by side loading, you will need to go with a snowmobile trailer. For most utility trailers, you will have to load them up from the side of the trailer. They will then be sideways on the trailer.

A Grand Design is a great trailer! I have looked at one. Yea, you are just going to have to get a tape measure and see what the interior width is to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts