Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the forum and im not sure if this a old thread or not but my question is Outlaws or Silverbacks?? Im looking at either 29.5x10x12 outlaws all the way around or 28x10x12 all the way around. I have an outty 800 and where would the cheapest place be to purchase them?? I do not need wheels.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Moved to the tire and wheel section. 29.5s are going to give you more clearance. Both tires work great in the mud but I'de have to give the edge to the 29.5s for ride. ATV outfitters usually has good prices on tires.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
It all boils down to the type of riding you do. I found that the outlaws worked better for me riding in water and sandy creek bottoms. I purchased silverbacks and ran them one day and my 800 sank like a brick. Underwater she went. Took them off and put outlaws back on. The outlaw 1's are lighter than the silverbacks for sure. I sold the silverbacks to a friend that put them on a rhino and he loves them. They work great for him on the same creek. Go figure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love my silverbacks but the outlaws are made out of a tougher rubber. I hit the road for like two miles and could tell it on my backs. They are cheaper and just as good as outlaws in mud in my own personal opinion, but if I could do it again id get outlaws. Oh and try traxms.com I ordered wheels and tires and they were at my door in under 24 hours

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Type of riding conditions

With your choices I am assuming you ride in mud?How much of your riding is mud?
I am not sure about not changing rims? Do you have 12" stockers? Not knocking you asking because I am looking at new tires and rims. I wanted 14" rims because some say they are better with bigger tires?!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 27 zillas on ITP 212 rims right now but selling the zillas to go bigger. I mostly ride mud but not sure about your rim size situation but I was also looking at a set of 14's myself before but not sure if they're better or how much.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have ran 29.5 original and OL2's, as well as 30" backs.

This is my personal opinion by the way:
- 30" s/w silverbacks: Felt light although they weren't, lug spacing is real wide so it rides rough and wears faster, digs straight to CHINA!!

-29.5" w/w Original OL: Awesome pulling tire set up!! In my opinion, the best mud tire ever made! I should have traded 2 wides for skinnys and got rid of those wide offset wheels. But I didn't.

-29.5" s/w OL2's: These were way above any tire I have ever ran when it come to traction in mud hands down! They pulled, paddled, and jumped out the end of deep ruts even the straight up ones. But, that comes with a down side, they were also very heavy!! They do measure tall too compared to the previous 2 that run a little short. I sold them because I was gettin out of mud riding. These robbed a lot of power that the previous 2 didn't, but they did hook up and pull whenever needed.

If I were gonna do it again, I would buy a set of s/w original 29.5" outlaws. I base this on the added traction of the OL2's wasn't worth the added weight and power loss that came with them. And yes, I am now running a ///CVTech and machined secondary, with the OL2's I also had a red epi secondary and I could still tell these tires were a load on my 800.

Hope this helps you some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts