Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ozark 250 and I was having problems with it running correctly. I let it sit too long and the carb seems to have gotten gummed up. I cleaned it and got it running better . It will run great at normal driving and wide open too. Idle seems to be the problem . When I slow down to a stop it idles very high, so I adjust the idle screw down and it comes down to a normal idle and stalls. So I start it again drive it a little and stop again it idles very high again and I try to adjust the screew again and it does the same thing. Can't figure it out? Should I just keep running it and hope it cleans it self out? I adjusted the idle air screw with no success.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
abe65, Please don't tkae this the wrong way, I have done this many times myself on my sons Ozark 250...Is the choke still on?
This sounds like what his bike does when he leaves the choke turned on, the bike idles really fast and then drowns itself out...I hope this is your problem.

That 250 is one tough little bike. Good Luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No that wasn't it. The petcock was malfunctioning, vacuum operation wasn't working right. I turneed it into a gravity feed petcock and all is good.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Good, I'm glad you got it figured out, I'll keep that in mind incase my sons starts acting up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
can you explain this a little better.I just bought my son an ozark and it will not stay running and back fires when you do get it going.Also it idles real high when you stop and then stalls.If i put the valve on open some gas comes out.If i put it on res it comes out faster.Should gas come out at all in open?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts