Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Can-am Defender 2017 model 8WHJ, we purchased it used, and the doors had been removed.
We have refitted the full doors, driver side works and windows do up and down.
Passenger side window is fully down, and doesn't seem to do anything when switches are activated.
All switches light up, no activity when using passenger door switch or the one on the driver side for the passenger window
I removed the switch on the passenger side and buzzed it out - and I see some connections change when activated up and down so I am confident the switch is working although I don't have a pull pinout to be 100% sure.
Next I want to open up the door to see whats going on - so one question for the community is how to do that - I see plastic popers all around the inside of the door - and also there is a black panel behind the grab handle - which I removed and I see screws keeping the outside panel attached.
So the question should I remove the outside panel or remove the inside plastic ?
Also any other folks had this experience and have any suggestions ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a door latch cable break. I ordered replacement body pins from partzilla. I don't think you can reuse them. Pull off the inside door skin. I would check the wired connection at the top of the door first. Make sure you got power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip about getting the replacement pins from partzilla.
The door definitely has power since the window button lights up.
I'll open up the door lets see what I find.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts