Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm in the middle of snorkeling my bike using patv hardware and I really dislike this kit. Very stiff pipe, bad directions, horrible pictures, I should've just did my own using PVC. I currently wondering if others modified theirs to function better. I scrapped the material for doing the belt exhaust and Currently running PVC off of a rubber coupling at the location of the factory cvt exhaust snorkel to run it up the same side as the cvt intake. Did you guys follow the kit all the way through? Sorry for the rant but man for this much money you would think the kit would at least have clear pictures and thorough instructions as well as appropriate hardware

·
Registered
790 Posts
I bought the SYATV kit and the instructions were horrendous.
So I bought the PATV kit and the instructions were barely adequate.

Where I stopped on the PATV kit was where the crossover hits the valve cover and the DPS plug. There's just no way that's not going to cause a failure from engine vibration.

Back to the SYATV kit. Made a ton of mods, glued the living snot out of it and it works.

Don't buy this kit unless you are sure you are going to install it, there are NO RETURNS.

LMK if you shift gears, I can probably help with the SYATV kit mods.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's sad they rake a premium on these kits and we still have to go to the plumbing store to finish. I'll take pics of my setup so someone who made the mistake I did can possibly use my method(if it works).

·
Registered
2020 Defender XMR
197 Posts
I made a thread about what I had to do to get my PATV snorkel kit to fit right. My main problem was the belt exhaust that wraps around the back of the motor, that hose while it is a high grade hose, is just way to stiff to do what they expect you to do with it. I even tried a great gun on it to get it to bend and no dice. After a trip to Lowe's and like $20 in parts I got it fitting pretty good. It still pushes my right side plastic out tho. I really liked the new pre-cut plastic they send, it looks alot better than I could've done with a hole saw.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had the SYATV kit on my Rancher which was just the 1 pipe from the airbox to the front right in front of the handlebars and it was the same story. Absolutely terrible instructions, parts didn't fit or do anything close to what the pictures showed, pushed my plastic out etc. Didn't even come with enough hose to extend the vent lines or enough little plastic barbs to extend the stock ones. Ended up going to the hardware store 2 times for $15 or $20 worth of parts and got it to work, but it still didn't look pretty. Plastic was pushed out everywhere and such. I was so tempted to call them and bitch them out for selling such a shitty product but I said the hell with it and just started telling everyone I knew not to buy them because they were absolute junk.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is everyone sealing up the airbox. I filled the plug with the slit in it with silicon. I've read and been told to use silicon in place of the foam to seal up the airbox bot there's not much of a lip on the airbox to form a good seal I wouldn't think. What are you guys doing?

·
Registered
2020 Defender XMR
197 Posts
I filled up the little rubber flap drain on the air box with silicone and then just ran a bead around the air filter cap whole it was tightened on the box.

PS- neat thing I did was instead of using rtv silicone that is a pita to get off, I went to Walmart and in the maybe section they have silicone sealant for boats that is for a "non permanent" deal. This will peel right off so it's easy to change/clean the air filter.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I leave my drain plug alone since it still seals excellent and so I have a way to drain the box. For the air filter cap I ran rtv around the entire thing then placed it on and tightened it then smoothed out the excess.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

I tried snorkeling this bike using performance atv's parts and mine to no avail so everything went back on stock. I'm thinking about the brp snorkel now but I have a prob. The front part of the hood will not snap down now that we have cut it's support. The two square slots are there but I'm having problems keeping it down

·
Registered
790 Posts
I drilled the 4 corners of the pod for the plastic rivets, made some reinforcement plates and riveted (alum rivets) them to the side panels.

Tried it initially with just the plas rivets and no reinforcement plate, but one tore out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts