Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you got a modern 800 or 1000 or Spyder?

Then why not give your vehicle the tuning it yearns for :)

We already have full tuning capabilities.

Video of how it works (Works the same across all BRP products):

All you need is 1 maptuner to do as many tunes as you want!
1 maptuner can re-map 1000's of vehicles.

All our products for tuning are 100% reversible and undetectable. There is no drilling of holes in ECU's like some products out there... Its all OBD and all available now.

We also have dealer specials, so if you want to be a dealer please send me information of your shop/business and I will tailor a package to suit you.

Costs:
-1 Maptuner $389
-1 vehicle license $600 USD or $680 AUD or $510 EU

-1 vehicle license equates to unlimited retunes from our server or map editor (Where available) for that vehicle.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Let me understand this correctly. First I have to buy the Maptuner for $389 then I have to pay another $600 for it to work. Total $989 to tune my machine?

Great idea, but a little too expensive for me.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Plus, it won't work, unless it's connected to the internet.
They woulda had a winner if they'd sell the software that their server is running, that way, the tune file could be calculated on your own laptop.

·
Registered
995 Posts
What kind of performance gains, can this tune add? Any dyno sheets??

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
These are the same things I was talking about for EFI reflash but didn't really get anywhere.

"Works the same across all BRP products"

Ask V-tech if they can flash tune a can am 1000 renegade....answer NO... It has a Seimens Continental ECU and it's not flashable unless they open the ECU first.

They can do the maverick and commander with the Bosch ECU. But no 1000cc atv yet.

I believe they could do the older 800's but were limited to what they could do with it.

Contact the owner of V-tech direct. His name is Jonathan. They are out of Sweden.

here's what they tell me:

V-tech Jonatan:

Yes Can maveric and commander 1000 cc we can flash since they use a Bosch ecu. The atv 1000 cc uses a Siemens continental ecu that we can't tune . Send a pic of a ecu and I can tell u if we can flash
To Me

Yes Can maveric and commander 1000 cc we can flash since they use a Bosch ecu.

The atv 1000 cc uses a Siemens continental ecu that we can't tune .

Send a pic of a ecu and I can tell u if we can flash it
We can flash the 1000 cc atv also but then we need to open the ecu .

All others we can do via obd connector

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is dependent on what ecu is inside.

If you have either a Siemens or Bosch ecu, then yes we have tunes for them.

The good news is most of the newer units coming out are switching to bosch, so we already have full access to them by obd, if its a unit we don't have in our database, then you may have to send the ecu to one of our dealers to have it added to our OBD tuning list.

On the newer models we mostly adjust the following:

-Torque limiters
-Rpm limiters (when appropriate)
-DBW lag (On newer models)
-Timing advance/retard
-Fueling

We generally see around 10-15hp gain at the wheels, depending on model and fuel selection.
A real tune always wins hands down vs. just a pulse width modifier of injectors (You can't even advance a pulse width modifier type plug in module)

The newer the can-am, the more we can adjust and the more you will feel.

1 maptuner can tune as many BRP products as you can connect up to.

Cheers
-Chris

·
Registered
669 Posts
how long is the license good for ?
how often is it updated ?
do you have to pay for updates ?

·
Registered
995 Posts
If you can show a 10-15 hp gain via dyno from a tune, You will sell a million of these, I would have to see some proof, I hope these claims are legit. It would be great if there were.

·
Registered
802 Posts
There is confusing and wrong information being spread. Info is all on their website, different that what is being presented here.

There is quite a difference between an ATV and a UTV with drive by wire. And the associated gains. A general statement of 10-15hp at rear wheels depending on model is snake oil. Even the actual website states CRANK hp, not wheel hp. And its for the commander side by side with the limited drive by wire not an atv. However, the #'s claimed are just that. And there is no mention of atv, just commander sxs. Can AM SSV Commander | V-TECH Tuned

One unit does do may models, however thats at $600 per every unit extra.

And ofcourse its not mentioned that if any tuning outside of the available downloaded preset maps is needed (like say a different rev limit) There is a charge for special tuning changes. Read the FAQ page FAQ | V-TECH Tuned

It is true that a good tune is hands down the best. But that has nothing to do with a pulse width modifier. Trying to sell a generic "canned" tune over a properly tuned pulse width modifer is wishful thinking. The only gain could be from ignition timing, NOT fuel. However, that is based upon fuel octane to be used, not just a gain over stock with still using 87 octane. Although, the drive by wire models are completely different and can see good gains without the torque limiters, as well as more aggressive throttle ratio's.

No mention that internet connection is needed to do any tuning changes as files pass up to a server and a new file come back? Or that nothing is tuned live. It is a lengthy reflash process for each tiny adjustment to a fuel cell. It would be extremely time consuming to try and tune something. I wonder how many hours or days straight it would take to tune just a cam change??? Something a pulsewidth modifier can do in mere minutes.

Great for new stuff. Just tell it like it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No need to go product bashing. :) I understand you want to sell your own product, so sell it on its merits in your own threads. Being we also write for OEM racing teams we have much more factory information than some others attempting to tune these vehicles.

We actually have a number of trial products users can get for free to see for themselves if the product is worth gains, it is early days for all Siemens based ecu's but we prefer to provide tunes for our tried and tested bosch ecu modification.

If anyone is interested in receiving a trial tune for their vehicle, please private message me your:

Vehicle model/year
Engine size/hp output
Intended fuel use
Intended use for vehicle
And if you can, provide your ecu display sticker information.

We will then customize a number of tunes for you and provide a number of maps for your trialing. As mentioned earlier, we have the best bosch tunes available, so if you're lucky to run bosch, you are lucky to have the most gain using our products.

Again, there is a lot more to ECU's than just fuel and timing. If your tuner is only modifying these functions you may be getting short changed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how long is the license good for ?
how often is it updated ?
do you have to pay for updates ?

You get unlimited re-tunes for your vehicle using files from our server that have been tried and tested. We will make some custom changes for you if requested, but heavy modifications/injector changes will require some extra charge usually at a small fraction of initial cost.

Tunes are added weekly for a range of products.

Updates are free of charge.

We also have a full data logging recording system with "auto tune" functions that can be incorporated into the tunes. So if you run an AFR sensor in some models, we can make custom files for you easily without extra charge.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I would suggest you send one to one of our trusted members with a Dyno (or easy access to one) and let them video the results and we will believe all after that. Its just hard to believe in miracles at this point.............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would suggest you send one to one of our trusted members with a Dyno (or easy access to one) and let them video the results and we will believe all after that. Its just hard to believe in miracles at this point.............

Over the northern winter we will have official dyno results for most of our available tunes in the quads.

Right now here is the jetski season and we've just finished our official testing of the new Seadoo "spark", bolt on turbo kit etc for the 900 ACE (minus the melting plastics of the ski!) and we've added all the CAN-AM 3 wheeler tunes into our system.

Unfortunately the quad market is the last to get the attention the other markets have received but we are well underway to having proven dyno results posted aswell.

All a dyno is, is a marketing tool. So we will use it for this purpose :)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
You get unlimited re-tunes for your vehicle using files from our server that have been tried and tested. We will make some custom changes for you if requested, but heavy modifications/injector changes will require some extra charge usually at a small fraction of initial cost.

We also have a full data logging recording system with "auto tune" functions that can be incorporated into the tunes. So if you run an AFR sensor in some models, we can make custom files for you easily without extra charge.
So this is so a user can simply upload preprogrammed tunes?? Keep guessing until you have something close? Is there no tuning live? Is there a fuel table(s)? Are there ignition tables?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

A dyno is actually used to measure mods in my case. I could care less how much Muzzy, Hmf, etc advertise a mod to produce, because its always BS. I wait for a tuner here to post their personal results on their independent dyne, and then I start to listen. ANYONE can make BS dyno charts, and anyone selling a HP adder is the most likely to increase the BS factor. independent tuners could care less about the BS factor because they want the power to the ground, not on paper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

So this is so a user can simply upload preprogrammed tunes?? Keep guessing until you have something close? Is there no tuning live? Is there a fuel table(s)? Are there ignition tables?

See attached PDF of how our map editor functions work. Basically you can fiddle with timing/fueling/rpm limiters fairly easily yourself and even use an "autotune" function if you have a wideband air fuel sensor hooked into the system. We run fairly conservative timing in relation to our fueling and you have to be mindful of what fuel you are tuned for. We actually log all knock noise counts through the stock ecu and make adjustments if users encounter noise from fuel and add this to their list of tunes. (Thats if you're using a logger). So in actual fact if you log how you use your vehicle, where ever that may be, you will have a perfect tune for your location and fuel use.

You can go from no ECU mods to completely tuned in about 2 hours work, or ~30 mins from our base map database. We always recommend using our logger kit to record all engine functions to make maps.

Basic start guide:
http://www.vtechtuned.com/quick-start-guide/

PDF New user guide (detailed) temporary link:
-=DOWNLOAD HERE =- NEW USER PDF FILE

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

A dyno is actually used to measure mods in my case. I could care less how much Muzzy, Hmf, etc advertise a mod to produce, because its always BS. I wait for a tuner here to post their personal results on their independent dyne, and then I start to listen. ANYONE can make BS dyno charts, and anyone selling a HP adder is the most likely to increase the BS factor. independent tuners could care less about the BS factor because they want the power to the ground, not on paper.
Well there actually is an opening for a tuner with a dyno capable of fitting the quads. The tuner can actually become a part of our development team if they wish as the only dealer capable of fitting the quads at the moment is in Germany and we do other work with him that is already available using our system (Can-am 3 wheeler specifically).

So tuners with a dyno, listen up, if you want to be part of the dev team, send me a message.

We sell basically the communications and capabilities to tune, what guys do with them is up to the individual or tuner.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Again, there is so much misinformation.

1 - Canam (or any atv) has 4 wheels. Not 3. (These have been illegal is North America since the 1980's)

2 - No Canam atv has a knock sensor.

3 - No Canam atv uses a Bosch ecu.

(only the UTV models commander and maverick use a Bosch ecu. And only the Maverick uses knock sensor)

4 - fuel used between countries creates a whole new can of worms for preset maps. They are not the same.

5 - European models have a much lower power output from the factory as compared to North American models. (Government regulations) Any hp gains seen from Germany could very well still be lower than a bone stock North American model. Until they remove the factory restrictor in the atv airflow path as well as retune the ecu mapping, they are not at stock factory power from here, let alone making anything more.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Again, there is so much misinformation.

1 - Canam (or any atv) has 4 wheels. Not 3. (These have been illegal is North America since the 1980's)

2 - No Canam atv has a knock sensor.

3 - No Canam atv uses a Bosch ecu.

(only the UTV models commander and maverick use a Bosch ecu. And only the Maverick uses knock sensor)

4 - fuel used between countries creates a whole new can of worms for preset maps. They are not the same.

5 - European models have a much lower power output from the factory as compared to North American models. (Government regulations) Any hp gains seen from Germany could very well still be lower than a bone stock North American model. Until they remove the factory restrictor in the atv airflow path as well as retune the ecu mapping, they are not at stock factory power from here, let alone making anything more.
Yes, can am has a SPYDER this has 3 wheels, Not any "atv" though.

The Aprilia 990cc motor the spyder has, this uses a Bosch ecu and knock sensors on the spyder, same on as on the maverick. Also Seadoo's have a knock sensor as well on the jet skis.

Absolutely Fuel makes a difference. I work with many tuners from Germany on tuning the KAWASAKI'S with autotune mapping for street running. There are no decreased power outputs that I'm aware of for offroad atv's being used on road???? There is a 15KW limit for power for on road specific atv's (that's 20 hp) In fact, the best KFX700 tuner is the German made CDI box.

I've been trying to get somewhere with these atv flash tuners and it doesn't look like it's going to happen soon. Jonathan from V-tech in sweden is who I've been dealing with

There is a Maverick flash tuner available from Vtech.se now. they are 600.00 No atv tuners though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts