Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all !
Going for a long weekend ride (approx 600km) and I was thinking of some temporary device to rest my thumb occasionally 馃槈
I "invented" my own device !
Here's my little video !
Sorry don't know how to add a little video 馃が I would've like to show it in operation.
I cut a finger from a rubber/cotton glove, a zip-tie attached (loose for finger), a piece of string and voil脿. Honestly it's pretty cool 馃槑

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Yellow

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Toy Automotive wheel system

Revolver Material property Automotive design Gas Electric blue

Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Light

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets see if it works !!

Try this please !!

Luc
Canada

Reactions: Tozguy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all the compliments 馃
Thanks Tozguy, that could be something to try next !!

Alright so just got back from my 587km in the deep woods in Nothern Quebec.
My setup works good on long straight roads but unfortunately when my finger started to get numb, my thumb wasn't ready yet for another treatment 馃ゴ. I did use it a few times though and I was glad.
As soon as we left the roads for the trails in the deep bush/woods trails, that thumb is the best for the tight quick and precise manoeuvres on the throttle lever. That's where I realized that I don't know I would be able to use a twist throttle when I am in extremely bumpy winding trails and at the same time you gotta play that thumb throttle 馃槼馃槼

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wondering if you did much cruising at a constant speed?
Yes a bit !!
In the first part of the adventure, the first 197 KMs were divided in mixed types of terrain. Only maybe 70KM were just cruisin and again, were divided in 10-15 KM sections.

Reactions: Tozguy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well after trying and inventing 馃槣馃馃 my device to rest my thumb, I didn't find it practical although it did work.
I'm 6'3" so I have good hands. When holding the handle in a natural way, my thumb is way to for down on the little lever almost at the pivot. Not very ergonomic 馃檮 If I wanted to use the tip tike it's suppose to be, my hand was sticking out of the handle bar halfway. So I decided to move the whole thumb throttle assembly towards the center. Now when I hold the handle, my thumb is on the throttle where it's easier.
Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts