Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Phone/GPS Mount Recommendations

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Dstegjas 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have 2021 Outlander XT 850. I bought the BRP electronic device holder but to be honest, that thing stinks. Phone always seems to slide out and hang on for life by the power cord. Does anyone have any recommendations here? Handlebar mounting would be difficult as I don't want to remove the plastic handguard shroud. Just seeing what everyone else out there is doing!

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi.
I'm using a Garmin Tread on my 2022 Outlander 570 XT. I think the hand guard is similar to yours.
I considered the electronic device holder, and I also considered mounting the GPS on the center of the handguard (like they do on the Can-am limited models). My dealer recommended against both options, because of the screen placing. He said the device holder is too far, and the handlebar center is too low.
I ended up drilling a hole through the handguard shroud, the size of the diameter of the Ram mount ball.
If done carefully, it doesn't stand out too much, and it's very convenient to have the map at this height and close to you.
Remove the hand guard, put the RAM handlebar mount in its place, but leave it a bit loose, mark where the ball goes, drill the hole, put the hand guard back, and then tighten the handlebar mount..
You can see the result in this thread
Hope it helps!

#6 ·
Product Sleeve Luggage and bags Bag Font

here is what I use on my 570. It has held up very well so far and for $17 you can’t beat the price.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.