Can-Am ATV Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
for you guys that put your quad in the bed of your truck. What ramps do you use? We have a small toy hauler for camping and using the quad, but for hunting excursions i am thinking about putting the quad in the bed of my truck. That way the camper can stay in storage when it really isn't needed in its entirety

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use the longest ramps that I can get, 7' at the moment. IMHO, the length of the ramp is more important that the weight of the ramp. Also, secure the top of the ramp so they don't slip off of the tailgate. And use 4wd when loading to help prevent spinning the tires on the ramp or bed of the truck.

When backing down the ramps. the back end seems to drop forever with short ramps. It also helps to load/unload on a hill the the truck facing down hill. That way the ramps are not so steep.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I use the longest ramps that I can get, 7' at the moment. IMHO, the length of the ramp is more important that the weight of the ramp. Also, secure the top of the ramp so they don't slip off of the tailgate. And use 4wd when loading to help prevent spinning the tires on the ramp or bed of the truck.

When backing down the ramps. the back end seems to drop forever with short ramps. It also helps to load/unload on a hill the the truck facing down hill. That way the ramps are not so steep.
I figured it would need to be in 4wd to load. I do that in my toy hauler, just to be safe anyways.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know if 7' would be long enough or not. Have seen longer versions. Anyone know of a good brand that wont cost the price of my 2nd oldest child?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have moose folding ramps. Think they are 80” long when open. Put the xmr1000 in old 5’7” bed and now 6’4” bed with absolutely no problem. Nice part is you can put them in the cab when riding so no one steals them. They are good for 1500 lbs. quad weighs 1000 lbs. true that if you can lower the rear of the truck when loading it’s less nerve racking but it’s a breeze either way.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
for you guys that put your quad in the bed of your truck. What ramps do you use? We have a small toy hauler for camping and using the quad, but for hunting excursions i am thinking about putting the quad in the bed of my truck. That way the camper can stay in storage when it really isn't needed in its entirety

I have a set of these, and they fit in my 6.5' bed. Though I have to hang them on the inside of the bed walls with the Outlander in the box. They work great, but are 40lbs each. So you'll get a workout using them. :) (I now use an Aluma 548 trailer for hauling our 570 around).

They're 11' when extended. Easy peasy, and super safe for going up and down real slow.... (and I do use those ratchet straps to tie the ramps down to my hitch, before doing any upload/download. that's a must!)

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts

I have a set of these, and they fit in my 6.5' bed. Though I have to hang them on the inside of the bed walls with the Outlander in the box. They work great, but are 40lbs each. So you'll get a workout using them. :) (I now use an Aluma 548 trailer for hauling our 570 around).

They're 11' when extended. Easy peasy, and super safe for going up and down real slow.... (and I do use those ratchet straps to tie the ramps down to my hitch, before doing any upload/download. that's a must!)
that's my problem as well is that i have a short box pickup. i figured i would wrap the ratchet straps through the ladder while using it to hold the quad in the bed as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm an enclosed trailer guy. I don't want my Xmr getting wet after all. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
All I can say is that it must have been a cold day in hell yesterday, because MoparToYou bought a Ford Superduty as his new tow vehicle. 480 HP and 935 lbs. ft. Oh baby! Now I just need to figure out how to change my user name. :|

·
Registered
434 Posts
All I can say is that it must have been a cold day in hell yesterday, because MoparToYou bought a Ford Superduty as his new tow vehicle. 480 HP and 935 lbs. ft. Oh baby! Now I just need to figure out how to change my user name. :|

those grille bars sure look purdy :angel

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just bought the trailer and re-decked, replaced all lights with LED's from etrailer.com and installed flush mount tie downs. with custom backing plates....

2004 silverado 1500 that has a mod list a mile long, she's my baby :)

Might have to buy a bigger trailer... son is really liking 4 wheeling. This was my first aluminum trailer, they sure are light compared to steel ones!! (duh)

Because the can am is heavier, I now put it on the front.

Working on fixing that foggy lower lense...

Attachments

201 - 220 of 242 Posts